It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User
Body detox symptoms

Hi,

I have been doing a body detox accomplished via very great dietary changes (all fruits, vegs, free-range chicken, omega-3 eggs, water, protein shake from rice and organic yogurt), soaking in special baths that are supposed to pull toxins from body (you soak for 45 minutes), psyllium husks added recently and also Coconut oil.

I also exercise at least 4 times a week and am trying to drink more water than I currently do.

Am recovering from some health problems, mainly digestive ones causing me the most grief but not totally.

Anyway, i was interested to hear of others who have done or are doing any kind of "detox" be it thru colon cleansing, herbal stuff (or both), or whatever else. I am experiencing anxiety symptoms such as nervousness/jumpy, irritable, heart beating faster (not racing, just faster), muscle tightness in neck, back and shoulders), at times muscle spasms but I think those are from a Magnesium/Calcium imbalance and am correcting that, and mild insomnia.
It feels like when I tapered off a medication and I got withdrawal symptoms... because I went too fast at first. But im not withdrawing off any meds right now.

Do u think these symptoms could be from Detox, from whatever "bad" is coming out of my body, etc?

Thanks in advance for any insights, advice, etc.

Peace,

FarmGirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

kellibear HB User
Re: Body detox symptoms

i'm doing a cleanse right now also and yes, your symptoms can be from the toxins leaving your body--it's called a "healing crisis"--i've read--after the toxins are eliminated you will start to feel better. i take puritans daily cleanse--it has an herbal liver/blood cleanser and a colon cleanser that has herbs and all kinds of different fibers. i'm also reading a book called "toxic relief" that highly suggests a 3 day juice fast--juice you make with a juicer--store bought juices are pretty worthless--all the nutrients have been destroyed by being pastuerized and tons of sugar has been added. i'm buying a juicer soon, so i haven't done the fast yet. but it gives your GI system a rest while cleaning it out. "detoxify your life" is another good book that focus's on colon cleansing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread