It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Organic ginger tea for acid reflux?

I was wondering if anyone knew if ginger tea was good or bad for acid reflux? It says on the box that it helps support a healthy digestive track. Well I am beginning to wonder it that was wise at all if I may have an ulcer in there. I have an endoscopy scheduled for this friday. Thank the Lord!

Just after drinking half a cup of the ginger tea I felt a searing burning pain inside by my sternum where all my problems seem to be. When they go in there I am almost positive that is where they will find my problem. This pain was like none other. Just like a hot iron...and radiating out. I was wondering if a heart attack was coming on. But I am sure I don't have heart problems.
Any thoughts about the ginger tea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

kellibear HB User
Re: Organic ginger tea for acid reflux?

dgl licorice would work better but the tea would not hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

i drink tazo green ginger and have but do not drink regularly.. a digestive aid ginger tea (can't remember the brand). It helps a great deal especially when i get that feeling of having a pill caught in my throat. I also have ginger capsules that i take once in a while. The ginger teas and caps don't have unpleasant side effects like the nexium does for me. If i take it a few days in a row it is very constipating

good luck

Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
(female)

babesy HB User

For what it's worth, I have read that you should NOT drink licorice tea if you have high blood pressure.

I would consult a dr. before drinking licorice tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibear View Post
dgl licorice would work better but the tea would not hurt.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Why not just chew fresh ginger?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

I've eaten crystallized ginger candy and that helps with upset stomach. I have GERD, but I take Prilosec OTC.

Closed Thread