It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Cured my own left neck, shoulder, back pain with Acupuncture electronic stimulation

Since November, 2008, for the first time in my almost 70 years, I suffered from nagging left shoulder, back and neck pain that stayed with me most of the time. Sitting back helped. Cold made it worse. I had to run the heaters more than normal because warmth gave me some relief. It was not overly painful, but an annoying, constant pain or ache, almost all day long, unless I kept totally warm, or sat back for a while. It was bad enough to have a major impact on the quality of my life.

I own my own Acupuncture Stimulator, the KWD-808-I. I have been using it for years, with some, but limited success, which I started documenting on HealthBoards, in 2003, under Alternative Medicine's thread: "Anyone ever try Chinese medicine (acupuncture/herbals)?" @ [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showpost.php?p=707632&postcount=23[/url]

I tried Acupuncture stimulation on Saturday, Dec 6th, 2008 in a frustrated attempt to ease my newly developed, constant left neck, left upper back and left shoulder pain. Only experienced a little temporary relief, if any. Put the stimulator back in the drawer. Took it out, and tried again on Dec 20th. Just a little help but I had to just endure the uncomfortable pain, and try to avoid it, if I could, by staying warm. Put the stimulator back in the drawer. The aches and pains persisted, but I figured that I would just have to learn to live with them.

On Sunday, Jan 18th, I removed the Acupuncture Stimulator from the drawer again. The pain and aches were really impacting my life. I decided to concentrate the electronic pads over the areas of most of my pain, the left upper back and shoulder. I gave myself a one-hour stimulation, by putting self-sticking pads at the top of my back and also my shoulder area. It gave me some relief, but the ache started and then the pain just returned later. I was disappointed and frustrated, but having experience in the past with electro-acupuncture, and regular acupuncture though mine and my wife's previous trips to Acupuncturists, plus my own personal experiments, I decided to continue trying. What else could I do? Not too many options available.

Monday, Jan 19th: Things changed a little. I added a pad to my uncomfortable left neck area, and gave myself another soothing one-hour treatment. I basically treated the Small Intestine Channel, from points SI11 through SI16, which coincidentally were over ALL of the areas of my discomfort. The stimulating sensations from the neck pad radiated all the way up the left side of my head. It felt weird, but soothing. The stimulation gave me some lasting relief, for the first time, but as the day progressed, my upper left back, shoulder and neck started aching, and continued until it started getting more painful towards evening. At least there was some progress. I felt encouraged. Perhaps another treatment or two??

The next day, Tuesday, Jan 20st, I woke up and for the very first time in many weeks, absolutely no pain! I could not have been happier. No pain!!! Not even a slight ache! I even went outside for a while in the cold. No pain. No ache. Any time during the last few weeks, if I went out into the cold, the aches would be immediate, followed by more uncomfortable pain. But, now, the pain and the aches were both gone! I yelled so loud, in exuberance, that I scared my wife half to death!

The next day, on Wednesday, Jan 21st, at 10:15am, I gave myself a 40 minute booster along that same SI11-SI16 Acupuncture Meridian. It was soothing, and I had to fight falling asleep while the pads were humming. Afterwards, I felt great, and as of today, Wednesday, February 4th, I have been totally free from discomfort, since January 20th, or 16 days! It worked! Wow! I thought that I would have to live with that nagging, annoying aching and painful discomfort the rest of my life. It worked! I am ecstatic!

That Acupuncture Stimulator, the KWD-808-I, had sat for quite a while, only infrequently being used. At times, I used the pads in places all over my body, and my wife's body, to relieve several different ailments, but with limited success. It did successful improve my sinus problems. But, for the most part, the Stimulator just sat in a draw for years, until now.

Something I tried actually worked, for a change!

The best part, is that I didn't have to rely on our expensive, broken down medical system, or pills, for help, and I was able to do it at home!

So...... for those of you who don't mind trying new techniques for dealing with pain, give Electro-Acupuncture a try! It's not expensive. You can get a comparable, or better, Acupuncture Stimulator than I purchased for much less than the $110 I paid.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

The following user gives a hug of support to Machaon:
peaceheart (10-10-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
wfz (01-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Cured my own left neck, shoulder, back pain with Acupuncture electronic stimulati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
The next day, Tuesday, Jan 20st, I woke up and for the very first time in many weeks, absolutely no pain!
As of today, March 6th, 2009, absolutely no pain in neck, shoulder or upper back! I thought for sure that, after a while the pain would come back. I had figured that I would have to do another electronic stimulation, or even have to do regular stimulations.

In these days of high cost medical care, and a broken, ineffective, unresponsive and unreliable medical care system, it's great when we can solve health problems with low cost, and not having to rely on the medical system.

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 03-06-2009 at 04:06 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
wfz (01-01-2012)
Old 03-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Re: Cured my own left neck, shoulder, back pain with Acupuncture electronic stimulati

Quote:
I'm just curious, are you using acupuncture needles on yourself, then hooking up the machine, or are you using pads somewhat like a TENS machine?
I am using the electronic stimulator like a tens unit, except that I target individual acupuncture points and meridians, especially if it seems like the pain, or discomfort, travels down a particular meridian.

I've got an assortment of different needles, but I haven't tried the needles yet, and won't as long as the points are accessible through electronic pads, and as long as there are positive results from using the pads.

⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 03-13-2009 at 05:18 AM.

Closed Thread