It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Any remedies for fast healing after surgery?

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to heal the body fast after surgery? I just had vein surgery removal on Friday. It hurts like you wouldn't believe. This is day 3 of recovery. I am taking Ibuprofen 800 mg and Tylenol. Rotating between the two. I have 15 stitches and needless to say there is pain and throbbing tonight. Is there anything I can eat or take or drink that speeds up healing? Thanks for any replies!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: Any remedies for fast healing after surgery?

The homeopathic remedy that's good for that is ARNICA!!!! It's worked great for me. You can search online and see some more info. Feel better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I have used arnica before, it gel and pill form together. Calendula will help the heal the skin and if you have a scar find a pure vitamin E oil. Regardless of what you take, you will still have pain, just keep that in mind.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User

I just had surgery on a torn rotator cuff. All surgery is invasive so it takes time to heal. I am over a month out on my surgery and I'm still dealing with the trauma to the muscle, joint, bone, etc., but it each day it gets better. I agree about using Vitamin E oil on the sutures.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Thanks ladies. I know it's only been 3 days so I am crazy to think there won't be pain. It's just so sore at my knee and aches way down in to the bone. I know he had instruments going in at the knee cap. I had lazor surgery in the thigh all the way up and it does ache and burn. It's just so hard to be imobile when you use your legs all the time.

I picked up some oral drops at the healthfood store that are for injuries. You put them under your tongue. I am still afraid to apply anything on the stitches. I am trying to keep the area as sterile as I can. The doctor removes the stitches this thursday. I will ask him about things that I can apply. But I would think the things you all have mentioned would be good. Believe me, I don't want scars and I have 15 stitches all in different locations.

Last edited by TEdds83; 04-13-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
(female)

VA_girl HB User

I also forgot to mention Bromelain, search online about that too!!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

It would have been best to have posted a thread for advice prior to your surgery.

Now you just have to do the best you can!!

For best healing results the remedy I have used is Calendula -- a homeoathic remedy that not only acts like an anti-septic but promotes cellular growth. Taken orally as well as put it on the surgery as a liquid.

For pain--- it is too late for Arnica. It should have been taken pre and post op for best results.
Now just regular pain meds is best.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 04-13-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
(female)

VA_girl HB User

Yea, sorry, Harry is right. Arnica isn't nearly as effective unless you take it pre-surgery. As far as current pressing pain, I wouldn't disagree with some good old fashioned meds.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

My doctor gave me Arnica lotion. I have been using that for a couple of days now. I also have those Calendula drops or whatever they are called. I think it's all helping. My leg is healing beautifully.

Now I have an arm problem. Any thoughts on how I can get it healed? I was injured by a nurse that stabbed me trying to get my blood a few days ago. She never did get it. I have like 5 stabs in both arms. I have a lump of swelling in left arm where is bends. Shooting pains down in that go up my arm. Had a scan to rule out blood clot. It was negative. so all clear on that. Thank God! So what is it? Help!!! I have been told Ibuprofen and moist heat. I am so afraid to move the arm or the shooting pain happens?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Closed Thread