It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

mommyof1angel HB User
Unhappy Really need help with motion sickness!!

I am 25 yrs old & I have had motion sickness ever since I was little. Well in a couple of weeks I will be flying out of state. And I will also have to spend a few hours in a car. I am very nervous about this trip because of my motion sickness. But the thing for me is that most medications like dramamine give me really bad anxiety so they end up making the situation worse. I am going to wear these sea bands I have but I want to do everything I can to make my trip pleasant. I read & seen alot of things for motion sickness but I am not sure what really works. I was hoping someone would have some advice for me. I really need it!! Someone please be angel and help me!! Thank you for taking the time to read this your greatly appreciated.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Really need help with motion sickness!!

I will tell you two things that have helped me,although in different situations.For my dizziness problem,I take Meclizine,which helps a lot(may be same as your dramamine)and I heard that someone had big sucess with air travel ,by using "Ear
Planes"(a play on words).Hope you find comfort indeed...Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

mommyof1angel HB User

Thanx, I'll keep that in mine. I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I used the sea bands went I went sailing one time. Worked great for me. You also might try sitting in the front seat of the car on that leg of the trip. I have a really hard time in back seats.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #5
(male)

explorer789 HB User

I'm familiar with specific massage on hands to cope with that, easy to do during travel.

Last edited by explorer789; 04-16-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

mommyof1angel HB User

So you know a specific massage that may help ease my motion sickness. I'm willing to try anything that may help. How do I do the massage?

Old 04-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
(male)

explorer789 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof1angel View Post
So you know a specific massage that may help ease my motion sickness. I'm willing to try anything that may help. How do I do the massage?
I'll need to post some pics but this board seems not able to host images.
I can send you this personally.
Have just compiled the pics and instructions.

Last edited by explorer789; 04-17-2009 at 05:11 AM.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
(female)

thoughttrain HB User

Hi there
I'm 16years old and I have had motion sickness since I was around 5 years old. I only get it in aeroplanes thankfully not in cars.
Your condition sounds quite like mine, what happens is when I get on the plane I get a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, then I start to think about myself being sick and panicking because there are so many people around me.
I begin to hyperventilate almost passing out then I begin to vomit- sometimes a nose bleed occurs. I know how you feel and it isnt pleasant.

I find that a few things work: I take sleeping tablets to make me drowsy on long flights, making me less panicky and then i dont think about it. Next i always make sure i have water- even when i dont feel like drinking it, it helps. Also it would be benificial i think if you had an mp3 player or ipod because music takes my mind of everything.
Dramamines or anyother motion sickness tablet has no effect on me either and makes me anxious.
Sea bands dont really work for motion sickness, they have bad reviews.
I hope some of this helps and i hope you have a safe trip!
Hannah

Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
(female)

mommyof1angel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughttrain View Post
Hi there
I'm 16years old and I have had motion sickness since I was around 5 years old. I only get it in aeroplanes thankfully not in cars.
Your condition sounds quite like mine, what happens is when I get on the plane I get a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, then I start to think about myself being sick and panicking because there are so many people around me.
I begin to hyperventilate almost passing out then I begin to vomit- sometimes a nose bleed occurs. I know how you feel and it isnt pleasant.

I find that a few things work: I take sleeping tablets to make me drowsy on long flights, making me less panicky and then i dont think about it. Next i always make sure i have water- even when i dont feel like drinking it, it helps. Also it would be benificial i think if you had an mp3 player or ipod because music takes my mind of everything.
Dramamines or anyother motion sickness tablet has no effect on me either and makes me anxious.
Sea bands dont really work for motion sickness, they have bad reviews.
I hope some of this helps and i hope you have a safe trip!
Hannah

Thanx for the advice Hannah. I have a mp3 player that I will be definetly be bringing. I am getting a few all natural things that I heard actually work for motion sickness. I am going to beat this motion sickness during this trip I hope. Because for me I only like to take things that are all natural. So the sleeping pills for me are a no no things that make me drowsy give me panic attacks. I have panic disorder so I don't really take any meds that make me feel any different. I appreciate all your advice though. Thanx again!!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
(female)

mommyof1angel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer789 View Post
I'll need to post some pics but this board seems not able to host images.
I can send you this personally.
Have just compiled the pics and instructions.
Is there a specific name for it, or even maybe a site I could check up?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #11
(male)

explorer789 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof1angel View Post
Is there a specific name for it, or even maybe a site I could check up?
I'm not sure this is on any site as I got it from a book on various help-yourself massage (shiatsu, Su-jok etc), and not in English.
Besides, there's a lot of exercises to improve the vestubular function by Google search.

Last edited by explorer789; 04-17-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Closed Thread