It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
(male)

November HB User
Would like to lean out more/reduce overall bodyfat.

I'm 24, about 6', and 185 lbs. I'm not huge/skinny, I have some muscle mass, but could stand to gain some more.

Really what I would like to do is lean out.

I heard of a "diet" that helps cleanse your body, if I can recall, it's honey, lemonade and pepper. Well, something ridiculous like that and you drink that for about 2 weeks to cleanse your system.

Is something like this very unhealthy or just a useful/interesting way to clean out your system if done for a short period of time.

I would really like to lean out, I've had "baby fat" for most of my life, I finally grew into it for the most part but still have a bit more to lose.

Thank you for your help.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Would like to lean out more/reduce overall bodyfat.

Two weeks of nothing but sugar does not sound very healthy. You might lose weight because you get tired of eating those limited types of foods and take in too few calories. But even if you do lose weight, the lack of protein in those foods will likely cause more muscle / lean tissue loss than if you cut with a more balanced diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Exactly how does a (probably calorie deficient and definitely lacking in protein) diet that is nearly entirely sugar "stimulate healthy tissue growth"?

As far as "cleansing" goes, it is strange that people dread the colon cleansing that is needed to prepare for colonoscopy screening for colon cancer, but are interested in colon cleansing for other (not very well defined or supported) purposes. Although for colonoscopy preparation, the clear liquid diet, laxative, and diarrhea are only needed for a day or two before, not two weeks.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
(female)

aniuta HB User

Easy way: Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 table spoon in 1 glass of water in the morning 30 minutes before eating(could be less). Drink until you think you are slim enough. Apple Cider Vinegar has all the benefits of apples.

More complicated but more healthy way: Refure from meat and chicken. Instead eat more of groats, they have lots of protein and, unlike meat, lots of minerals and vitamins(buckwheat, oatbran, qinoa). Substitute sugar with honey and regular salt with sea or tibetian salt. Eat a lot of green vechetables, they tend to shape very feminine figure.

Both methods could be done together.

Last edited by aniuta; 12-16-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Closed Thread