It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

tessie7714 HB User
when i urine there's a white mucous in the toilet bowl i wonder what that is

Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

mtngal HB User
Re: when i urine there's a white mucous in the toilet bowl i wonder what that is

When I was young, I used to get a white discharge called leukarrhea. It looked like eggwhite and it would happen between periods. However, as I got older I did not get it much. I think it is harmless. However, I would still tell the doctor about it just in case. He or she could give good advice. If you are older, I would be more worried, especially if you are past menopause. When women are young and have periods, they get all kinds of silly discharges in underwear and sometimes in the toilet, however, I never noticed it in the toilet as much as on underwear. It was especially prevalent the year before the first period happened. I told Mother because I thought I had puss in my kidneys but she said it was nothing because she had the same thing when she was younger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
(female)

Anna1959 HB User
Re: when i urine there's a white mucous in the toilet bowl i wonder what that is

Do you have any burning or discomfort when you urinate? If so it sounds like you have a urinary track infection. When you have a UTI, you can pass white mucous, it is puss in all actuality. If it persists I would head to the doctor to get a urine sample done.

Hope this helps a bit.
Anna1959

Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
(male)

chars HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie7714 View Post
would like to know the cause and the cure of this sign.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
(female)

Saz HB User

Hi. Yes, I had this and wondered what it was too. Had it for several weeks. My back and side have been hurting for the past fortnight with excruciating pain since Sunday. I ended up going to the hospital after the doc fobbed me off with co codomol. Turns out i have a UTI and have tablets for it now. No wonder my kidneys were hurting me! I would go to the docs and give a sample because if you leave it, it will get worse like it did with me. Look after yourself, Saz.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
(male)

chars HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie7714 View Post
A million thanks to Saz. Your answer was noted. Some people used antibiotic and the uti remain, why, is it because it has stay so long in their body or what?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #7
(female)

Anna1959 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1959 View Post
Do you have any burning or discomfort when you urinate? If so it sounds like you have a urinary track infection. When you have a UTI, you can pass white mucous, it is puss in all actuality. If it persists I would head to the doctor to get a urine sample done.

Hope this helps a bit.
Anna1959
Like I said on the 23rd of May, it's a UTI! And there are antibiotics that are drugs of choice for UTI's. Sometimes it will come back, especially if you do not take all of the antibiotics. Just because you feel better dosnt mean the infection is completely gone. If you let a UTI go on for too long you can end up with a kidney infection, then you are in trouble and even more pain. Drink plenty of water during the day and try to stay away from too much caffeine.

Anna1959

Last edited by Anna1959; 05-29-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
(female)

mtngal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chars View Post
A million thanks to Saz. Your answer was noted. Some people used antibiotic and the uti remain, why, is it because it has stay so long in their body or what?
Sometimes you get the wrong anti-biotic. Macrobid used to be given but it only kills a few bacteria--not all bacteria. Levaquin or cipro cures much better because it covers more bacteria. I had that experience where my UTI was not cured and it was the macrobid not working. When I switched to the quinolones like levaquin, it worked. You also have to have enough days in order for it not to come back later. It took me seven days to completely wipe out the bugs. Make sure that you do not take minerals, nsaids or vitamins within six hours of taking a quinolone. These items undo the work of the anti-biotic. Many people do not read the directions from the pharmacy.
If anti-biotics don't work, then get checked for interstitial cystitis which is another bladder problem with different medicine.

Closed Thread