It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

nancyjo HB User
need dietary/cleansing advice, please

Hi all--

I am a 48-year old single mom of two teens with a pretty demanding job that involves a 60-mile round trip commute each day. In other words, stress is the order of any given day!

I started gaining weight a number of years ago toward the end of my marriage and always hoped I would lose weight after the divorce, but I have gained instead and am now about 70 pounds overweight.

I have chronic anemia (eat no red meat, very little poultry, no fish), asthma, and am tired all the time. The only relief I get from the fatigue is in the form of small doses of narcotic pain meds, which I take throughout the day for degenerative disc disease in my neck. For anyone not familiar with this type of medication, it produces a daily rollercoaster ride of feeling relatively normal for a little while, followed by a crash and even greater fatigue.

I know I need to straighten out my diet and start keeping a food journal, b/c I know I'm probably not getting enough protein at the right times and need to cut out all empty carbs (easier said than done). I appreciate any input on that topic you can share with me.

I am also interested in learning more about the benefits of internal cleansing, in that I do have some liver issues and have been reading that a sluggish/impaired liver can be the source of slow metabolism, fatigue, etc.

Again, any info is appreciated!

Cheers,
nancyjo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User
Re: need dietary/cleansing advice, please

Internal cleansing is one of the best things you can do for your body. People don't realize how many poisons are ingested everyday. Even healthy fruits and vegetables have chemical poisons in them.
It builds up in our bodies over time which I believe is the cause of many cancers.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to get a cleansing and start eating organically grown foods. Eat a high fiber diet full of grains, fruits, veggies, etc...
From my own experience on the rare occasion that I splurge on something junky (like fast food) it makes me feel really tired and I can literally feel the poisons in my body.
Anyways, you'd be mighty surprised how well or terrible the body works from the diet alone. Oh yes and the liver is one of the most important organs. Well, they're all important, but the liver filters all your blood and cleanses it. Look into some herbs/vitamins that are good for the liver. I know of some, but I forgot what they were called. Also there are some excellent herb teas for the liver. You'd also be surprised at how much herbs and vitamins are over-looked and how much people turn to medicines instead which most of the time help destroy other organs/parts of the body, when it just needs to get the correct nourishment. Just my experience and opinion.

Hope this helps in some way.

Closed Thread