It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
(female)

moseby HB User
acupuncture

Hi, I did one treatment of acupuncture 2 days ago for anxiety and I feel absolutely horrible more anxiety than I have ever had and very depressed so my question is this..is this normal and how long will this last. Have I made things for myself and have this forever now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: acupuncture

When my wife had acupuncture treatments, which cured her headaches after just two treatments, the acupuncture worsened her headache for about three days after each treatment, and then they went away forever. I know that headaches are different from anxiety, but it's the best example that I can offer.

How did you make out? Has the acupuncture helped to calm your anxiety?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 05-27-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

i get acupuncture weekly at this point.. i've had no negative reactions.. maybe not noticing what it has done.. but nothing negative. If she has increased anxiety about the treatment, that could interfere i believe.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I am so sold on the benefits of Acupuncture that I purchased my own Acupuncture stimulator several years ago. I don't use the needles, only the electronic stimulator pads. It has been worth it's weight in gold. It really helped with some problems I had, even though I have had no training or education in Acupuncture. Just lucky, I guess.

Plus...... depending upon where you place the electronic stimulation pads, it can be very, VERY relaxing. The gentle pulses send waves which relax the muscles and can just about put you to sleep.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Closed Thread