It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

Munrodh HB User
Smile Help With Sleep Problems

Does anybody else out there have sleep problems? Or am I the only one awake at 4 a.m.? Seems like it sometimes.

Well, I just want to post this to tell you about a natural supplement that I've been taking that seems to have helped me to get back into a somewhat normal sleep cycle (it's not perfect yet, but I'm working on it).

I used to take a Xanax every night to relax me to allow to go off, but now I take Melatonin capsule (1mg), sometimes 1.5 mg, about two hours before bedtime. I have to tell you that the first time I took it, I couldn't wait to get to bed.

It's still helping me sleep through most of the night.

The other big change I made in my life is that I stopped drinking coffee, and I've substituted it with herbal tea, chamomile.

In fact, there's a great article I read on * link to commercial website removed by hb-mod, moderator *
about the dangers of coffee, and how it messes up your sleep. Here's the link if I can post that here: * link to commercial website removed by hb-mod, moderator *

What do you all use to get a better night's sleep?

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-10-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Please don't post links and/or instructions regarding commercial websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: Help With Sleep Problems

I take benoldryl, but I know melatonin can be very helpful, but it IS NOT MEANT FOR YOUNGER WOMEN WHO MAY WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN AT A POINT IN THEIR LIFE. Do the research before trying anything new.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
(female)

Colinette HB User
Re: Help With Sleep Problems

I take melatonin 3 mg. It works very well for me, and I've had problems falling asleep and staying asleep all of my life. I really like how this works.

Closed Thread