It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Natural remedies for irregular periods

My doc wants to put me on hormones so I'll get regular periods b/c I often skip them months at a time. Anyone know of any natural treatments for this?

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User
Re: Natural remedies for irregular periods

Put you on hormones? Yikes...I'd try some alternative medicine first, but that's just the way I see things.
Look into the herb Vitex. It takes a little time because it is healing your body, but it healed mine. Although the healing was the combination of taking care of myself, ie: exercise, healthy food, lots of water and vitamins.
There IS a herb/natural alternative for every ailment out there.
hope this helps

Last edited by chocolate29; 06-22-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: fixed something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
(female)

VA_girl HB User

Thanks, I'll look into it. Yea, I the doc wants to put me on the pill, I just called it hormones b/c that what I think it is. I just don't have a good feeling about the pill, something about it just doesn't stick right with me, I think it's bad for you, but not getting regular periods isn't good either, so I'm in a catch 22, but I think I'm going to hold off on the pill and try something natural.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Look at your library for the book, "The Diet Cure," by Julia Ross. If not at your library, you can buy in on the Internet.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
(female)

Mstic1 HB User

Hi,

I'm glad that you are holding off going on the pill.

Have you had your hormone levels checked? This might be something you could ask for before you start trying things.

Mstic1

Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
(female)

peanetty HB User

There are tons of herbs that can help to regulate your cycle, i.e. black cohosh, dong quai, chaste tree. I had problems about a year ago with my period...I used a capsule from Naturally Nova Scotia that had all of the herbs I named above in it, and I think a few more but I don't remember.

Going on the pill gave me even more problems with my cycle, it was awful! I would definitely stay off it if you can. I hope you find something natural that works for you.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
(female)

meg77 HB User

I too swear by vitex, also known as chaste tree. It gets rid of PMS and regulates periods.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User

Have you been tested for the reasons it is not regular? Are you overweight? Even 20lbs? do you have any other symptoms like facial hair, acne, feelings of hunger or shakiness after a high carb meal? Do you exercise regularly? Have you been diagnosed with anything or do you have a family history of diabetes? While you are trying alternatives, you may want to get to the root of the problem of why your periods arent regular and if you can find the cause you may be able to fix it with diet and exercise.

Closed Thread