It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Any homeopathic remedies for Hemmorhoids?

Just wondering if anyone has any remedy that is natural for Hemms and IBS??All these synthetic drugs are just making matter worse. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to TEdds83 For This Useful Post:
Pearl Grimshaw (06-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Any homeopathic remedies for Hemmorhoids?

TEdds83,
It's usually constipation and hard stools that will bring on hemmorhoids. In that case you want to make sure to eat lots of vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds and about 3 servings of fruit per day. This will stop the constipation. While it might not make the hemmorhoids go away completely, it will at least keep the hemmoroids from getting worse.

Last edited by JohnR41; 07-02-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: delete quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Hemorrhoids don't go away once you have them (unless you have each one surgically removed) but you can control the swelling/pain by keeping your stool soft and you don't push or bare down when having a Bowel movement. Not sure what you mean by synthetic drugs. Even with a good diet some people have to take a lot of stool softeners, milk of magnesia and or Miralax all on a daily basis just too keep things soft. Good luck.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

TEdds,

I have been using homeopathic remedies for 35 years and have not heard or read about a remedy that would help hemorrhiods

You also asked about IBS. The latest that I know about is VSL3 (a high potency probiotic supplement) it's being used to help. Of course it's not homeopathic but worth trying!!

A member on the IBS board has a sticky thread on the that board and says that she has had IBS for 25 years and was helped 95% using VSL3. The thread is worth reading.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Typos

Old 07-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Here's more information: I had hemmorhoids that were bothering me a lot. I though it would be a permanent condition but now I hardly notice any problem at all. I had no surgery and used no medication. I give credit to my diet.

1) A good diet will keep your stools soft.

2) A good diet will also prevent inflammation.

If you need more information about inflammation, read "The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan".

Be aware that you won't get overnight results and your diet needs to be near perfect. By that I mean you really need to eliminate the foods that cause inflamation.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

I do not have them but have heard that apple cider vinegar works well (swabbing them with cotton) also aloe vera gel.

As well, in Ayurveda they recommend putting a 6" footstool by the toilet and propping the feet on it.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
(female)

kitten42 HB User

As far as I can tell, homeopathic remedies have no basis in science. There are plenty of natural remedies that work quite well.

Homeopathic remedies are not the same thing as natural remedies. Homeopathic medicine is based on the idea that water can absorb vibrations from active ingredients and then transmit those vibrations to the person taking a drop or two of the water. In other words, it's magic. The odds of ingesting even one molecule of the "active ingredient" is astronomical, which means there is no scientific basis to believe that homeopathic remedies do anything.

Homeopathy started as a method in the 1800's. Considering the state of medicine at that time, doing nothing with homeopathy was often better for the patient than any of the medical "practices" from that time.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-21-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten42 View Post

Homeopathy started as a method in the 1800's.
l
And it is still thriving today! It's what the House of Windsor uses and a multitude of others as well.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
(male)

Bosrio HB User

I used to have terrible hemorrhoids and I used a pill called Horse Chestnut, technically known as Aesculus Hippocastanum and it worked great.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Sitz baths...

Old 08-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #11
(male)

scruffydude HB User

taken from the book "the green phrmacy" by James Duke Ph.D--Comfrey(symphytum Officinale). Comfrey is rich in allantoin,wound-healing chemical that is anti-inflammatory,stimulates the the immune system .and hastens the formulation of new skin. You can moisten powdered comfrey with vegetable oil and apply the paste.You dont have to worry about washing it off ,as the residue will wash off with your next shower

Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #12
(male)

scruffydude HB User
Cool Re: Any homeopathic remedies for Hemmorhoids?

My favorite is Plantain (Planago Major) Plantain has a strong reputation as a hemmoroid remedy I love plantain and have used it many ,many times for itches, bee stings, mesquito bites, burns.and many more this is good stuff every one should know about plantain and I like Witch Hazel taken
from the book "The Green Pharmacy" by James Duke Ph.D ."Witch Hazel(Hamamelis virginiana)" For a long time I thought H in Preparation H stood for Hamamelis.This is the Latin name for Witch Hazel the active ingredient in the popular Preparation H cleansing pads .(I guess I should have that the H actually stands for hemmoroids).Witch Hazel is also the active ingredient in Tucks,the Commercial pharmaceutical product often recommended for hemmoroids.
Witch Hazel is soothing,cooling astringent that can help relieve hemmoroidal pain and itching.But you relly dont have to spend extra for a brand name.Simply make a compress using Witch Hazel which is available at Pharmacies for a much lower price.just tuck a fresh compress in place whenever you feel the need for a little soothing.Then forget its there and go about your business"

Last edited by scruffydude; 08-01-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Closed Thread