It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

prettiestpon HB User
surprisingly happy

well it's been about 3 months since ive discontinued yasmin because i wanted to start using bioidentical hormones to control my pms and periods. the last time i tried stopping the pill, which Was ortho tri cyclen at the time, i was a total mess after about a month. i never stopped it more than 3 months b/c i couldnt handle it. so id always end up back on it. but now i feel completely fine, and more energetic since ive discontinued yasmin. i hope i dont jinx myself. i figured 3 months would be enough time for my body to readjust. im just so happy i dont have any bad symptoms. my periods are a little heavier but its nothing i Cant handle. im also doing hormone saliva testing during this month, so it will be interesting to see whats going on.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: surprisingly happy

Good for you, prettiestpon! I think I remember talking to you on another thread about bc messing up your hormones. I want to get the saliva testing done, too. My last blood work showed my testosterone in the high end of the 'normal' range. Well, if that were the case, my libido would be much better than it is. It would be interesting to see if the saliva test gives a different reading than a blood test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
(female)

prettiestpon HB User
Re: surprisingly happy

yup u should try it. the test im using may only track estrogen and progesterone. but im thinking of redoing mine at a later month b/c im feeling wonderful. i can waste $165 if im Feeling wonderful lol. everytime ive gotten off the pill ive felt horrible. i wonder what happened lol. im not complaining it just doesnt make sense medically

Closed Thread