It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

bethie44 HB User
Energy

What natural supplements would be good for energy support? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User
Re: Energy

A vitamin b-complex is really important for energy. Also, herbs like panax ginseng, rhodiola, ashwagandha all help with energy. More importantly, you might want to look into why you need energy support? Are you iron-deficient, have you been under a great deal of stress and are your adrenals depleted? Are you getting enough restful sleep?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

SusieAndBill HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu23 View Post
A vitamin b-complex is really important for energy. Also, herbs like panax ginseng, rhodiola, ashwagandha all help with energy. More importantly, you might want to look into why you need energy support? Are you iron-deficient, have you been under a great deal of stress and are your adrenals depleted? Are you getting enough restful sleep?
That's funny you would mention ashwaghanda as an "energy" herb, because I've taken it when I want to relax and go to sleep! Panax Ginseng bumps up blood pressure so much, I'd recommend Rhodiola. I was just sent some samples of a product called Energy Reserves (Verde Botanica brand) and I liked that a great deal, I'm going to order some. It has the prime adaptogens in it, such as RHodiola, Shisandra, and ELeuthero, Bacopa. My general herb of choice is Rhodiola (I use MBS-13, a special Rhodiola extract) which is in the Mind Body & spirit type of Rhodiola.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User

Ashwagandha improves physical energy, exercise capacity and overall health.

As well as for depression.

Closed Thread