It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

Motek HB User
Prolotherapy

I have had over one years prolotherapy injection mainly but not exclusively to my lower back. Before prolotherapy there been Cortisone injection and also Laser Surgery to my lower back. None of the worked in the long run..so I aimed for prolotherapy. I heard from other it does work and also at time does not. But I did not want more Cortisone and aimed the natural way.
It is pretty painful at first getting in my case over 14 injection in my lower back..but in time one sort of gets used to the injections and it is short term and the after last about 2 days. I always get pretty ill for about 1-2 days after. Anyhow.. I stopped now going because tried one year and yes it helps but according to Dr, hauser after 8 sessions all ought to be well. i had more .
Anyone having experience with Prolotherapy, did it help, how many injections were needed before result was permanent? And or who is according to you the best treatment center for it in N.A?
Thank you.
Oh also had TPM injections..

Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Prolotherapy

I have had Prolotherapy and it saved me from having surgery on my low back! I think it is amazing. I had about 2 years of injections but with treatments spaced months apart. I have not needed another treatment since over a year ago. Jen

Last edited by Administrator; 05-18-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

sharonsherryfur HB User

I have the book "Pain,Pain Go Away" by Dr. William Faber of the Milwaukee Pain Clinic.Excellent reading,and alot of good tips& info. I am planning on having Prolotherapy,and I will utilize a doctor trained by Dr. Faber(probably Dr. John Ghuneim of Saline,Michigan).
From what I have read,Dr. Faber has trained many,many D.O.'s and M.D.'s in this procedure.
I first heard of Dr. Faber from an associate living in North Dakota,who had excellent success with his treatments,

Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

Motek HB User

Well I finally had Prolotherapy since last year. My back..and now neck as well and G-d only knows every other place I can have it. The first two times it was darn painful and I was fighting in my body SOMETHING! But as time went along..it started to feel good. After about 3 month I went for maintenance only ..every 6 weeks. PROLOTHERAPY works. A blessing and thank you who ever discovered the idea which so makes sense.
Anyhow..the not so gootd new is 3 weeks back I was terrible rear ended by a big truck..guess wht? RIGHT..back to scratch and now I have also therapy with it in my neck against the ringing of my ears. It did work for about 3 days but came back --the Tinitus..but Thursday i get treatment again. I have twice week for now prolotherapy..because of the rear ending. Dang..
IT works PROLOTHERAPY does only make sure they know what they do..get the real deal not just anyone..

Old 09-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
(female)

proloforsure HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenj770 View Post
I have had Prolotherapy and it saved me from having surgery on my low back! I think it is amazing. I had about 2 years of injections but with treatments spaced months apart. I have not needed another treatment since over a year ago. Jen
Hi jen, was your prolo done on your si joints? How long did it take for you to be cured ? I'm currently going through the process

Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by proloforsure View Post
Hi jen, was your prolo done on your si joints? How long did it take for you to be cured ? I'm currently going through the process
Yes SI joint as well as other areas. I think I had about 7 sessions over a two year period. I just went back last week for a "tune up". I was doing well but just wanted a little extra boost and I also needed a new area, my neck, worked on. I think Prolo rocks!

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 09-19-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
(female)

proloforsure HB User

That's great. I'm currently going through the process on my si. . Ive had 6 injections in . Months. .. I was in alot of pain after a car crash. I'm also hypermobile. . I'm seeing progess but im up and Dow as some times the joint gets stuck. ... how long do u think it was before you were completely painfree? Are you limited in wat u can do now? Sports? Gym? Etc... whoo do u see for ur prolo? Any advice much appreciated; )

Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proloforsure View Post
That's great. I'm currently going through the process on my si. . Ive had 6 injections in . Months. .. I was in alot of pain after a car crash. I'm also hypermobile. . I'm seeing progess but im up and Dow as some times the joint gets stuck. ... how long do u think it was before you were completely painfree? Are you limited in wat u can do now? Sports? Gym? Etc... whoo do u see for ur prolo? Any advice much appreciated; )
Hi,

I live in the US so I see a doctor here who combines it with Kineseology (muscle testing) so that he knows he is on exactly the right point for the injection.

I couldn't walk at one point, then had to use a cane and back brace. Needless to say I was in a lot of pain! I was also scheduled for surgery when I heard about Prolo. Thank heavens!

I am also hypermobile and it has helped tremendously with that because what prolo does is strengthen the weak areas.

In terms of what I/you can then do, I think that depends on your age and other factors. I used to be a runner but can no longer run. I do go to the gym and walk extensively. I still have little kinks now and then (if I overdo it) but nothing that "takes me down" or necessitates returning to the cane and back brace. I'm more than satisfied with Prolo!

All the best to you!

Jen

Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
(female)

proloforsure HB User

Another hypermobile person. .. do you have pain in your joints? The only pain I have is the si joint. .. which was caused by the car accident. .. have you had prolo in many of your other joints? Cos of the hypermobility?

Closed Thread