It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
(male)

GJBGGG HB User
Squatting to defecate - abnormal?

Back in high school, I was an unpopular loser - and one of my biggest fears was having to take a crap at school (the doors were all removed from the toilet stalls in the boy's bathrooms to stop guys from smoking in there - that was the story anyway); I didn't want to be caught with my pants around my ankles in front of a crowd of howling jocks, party animals and bad-asses.
So, I made sure I took a GOOD crap every night at home - and I found squatting to be much more efficient than sitting at "getting it all out" (after doing all I could in the sitting position.)
Fast forward to the present day. I've been plagued with hemorrhoids since I was 14; and after high school they got MUCH worse (I was using the sitting position again, no more danger of high school humiliation after all. Yet unlike normal humans, I never felt like I was getting emptied out, really. It took a long time, I always felt nasty and "un-clean" after using the john, for years.)
Then, about a year ago, the hemorrhoids got so bad I was bleeding like a stuck pig every time I used the john. I got online, and read about squatting to defecate as a hemorrhoid management tool. So I tried it... and within a week, the hemorrhoids went away! And they haven't come back since.
No more bleeding, no more veins hanging from my a$$, no more nearly-useless greasy Preparation H... and I'm getting WAY more crap to come out as well! And no more sitting on the john straining for 45 minutes to an hour, I get the job done FAST. And, I've never felt so... CLEAN.
Except now, I can't go anyplace where I'm not guaranteed a private bathroom, and staying at other people's homes is out of the question.
So is this how it is... either be a freak and have a healthy a-hole, or put myself through "bloody hell" (literally) trying to be normal like everyone else seems to do so naturally???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Squatting to defecate - abnormal?

Well . . . you could move to France or Japan . . . and perhaps there are other places where one squats to use the toilets.

But sorry, I don't have a serious suggestion. But do you get sufficient fiber along with your other strategy?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
(male)

Bille HB User
Re: Squatting to defecate - abnormal?

Forget about Japan. The squat toilets are steadily being replace by computerized sitting toilets that have warm seats, make pleasant river sounds, and hose down and blow dry your butt when you're finished.
That said, all Japanese agree that squatting is better and healthier. So, if it works for you....

Closed Thread