It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

fcmckee12 HB User
Which is the best colon cleanser?

I am looking for the most effective colon cleanser. I have read both positive and negative things about everyone that I research. The main ones that keep popping up are Colonix by Dr. Natura, Liquiboost, and bowtrol. Can someone help? Thanks

Old 06-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Which is the best colon cleanser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcmckee12 View Post
I am looking for the most effective colon cleanser.
The best "colon cleanser" I know of comes from eating lots of vegetables, fresh fruits and whole grains. Those are nature's best cleaning agents and have worked well for thousands/millions of years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Which is the best colon cleanser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfortune View Post
I am 62 yrs old and my grandma and elder sister both died of colon cancer. Historically, it seems that only the females in the family are at risk.
Do you remember when Tony Snow (press secretary for President Bush) died of colon cancer? His mother had died from colon cancer too. So it can go from female to male.

Quote:
Some things are better than others, aren't they? So when it comes to fruits and vegetables, which have are stronger deterrents to the disease? Or shall I go generic?
Yes, I believe cruciferous vegetables are better as they are known to have phytochemicals that help prevent cancer. Eat a wide variety of vegetables and fresh fruit. Whole grains are known to fight cancer too so eat a variety of them as well (try to eat at least one serving per meal).

Meat, especially raw or rare meat, could be a problem. I would eliminate red meat and concentrate on lean meat like skinless chicken breast or turkey breast (3 to 4 ounces per meal). The reason you shouldn't eat too much meat is because 1) meat promotes cancer and 2) if you eat a lot of it, it displaces healthy vegetables.

I once knew a butcher who died of colon cancer because he got into the habit of snacking on raw ground beef at work. And I think Tony Snow was a big meat eater who liked barbcue. Barbcuing is not recommended.

There's a doctor who did a lot of research on the relationship between animal protein and cancer. He started by conducting research on small animals (for 27 years) and then conducted a 20+ year human population study in China. When he retired, he wrote a book to inform people of what he learned during his long career. The book is: "The China Study" by T. Colin
Campbell PhD.

Last edited by JohnR41; 06-24-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: word change

Closed Thread