It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User
hormone imbalance- vitex? herbs?

i have missed my period for almost 3 months now. at first i was convinced it was pregnancy, but i got a blood test a few days ago to clarify that it actually wasnt (after having 10 negative hpt). so now im thinking that i have a hormonal imbalance, or its possible i could have a cyst on my left ovary.

i have been on and off birth control for about a year or so, trying different brands. when i didnt like the way it made me feel i stopped all together then start a new one a few months later. now i am aware that can cause hormonal imbalance, which if i knew that at the time i wouldnt have done that to my body.

these are symptoms that i have..
-weight gain around mid section
-major PMS symptoms; extreme bloating, extreme irritability and constant cramping.
-hair growth in unwanted places; chin area, neck, side of my face which ive noticed the growth has been more frequent within the past few months.
-irregular period/absent period (accompanied by extreme PMS symptoms).
-diarrhea
-increased acne, usually along the chin area or jaw line.
-i have noticed in the shower that i'm losing a lot of my hair in clumps. which my hair is really thick so i just assumed it was shedding.
-frequent headaches.
-ive also "developed" anxiety within the past year; not sure if thats relevant.
-i obsess about things. to the extreme. for example, when i thought i was pregnant i was doing research about it for probably 10 hours out of the day. everything revolved around it. now its this.. i feel like im just trying to figure out whats wrong with me, but i know that its not healthy doing it this way.

i have an appointment to see a midwife next week since my dr wasnt available, but i wanted to see if maybe there was someone who has experienced this and what they have done for alternate medications prior to seeing the doctor. i feel like i am lacking the female hormone. i dont want this hair on my face! i think thats what bothers me the most, along with the unexplainable weight gain and being bloated for 3 months constant.

input would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
(female)

desiii HB User
Re: hormone imbalance- vitex? herbs?

Two things I would suggest:

Have your thyroid fully tested by your doctor to see if it's doing anything strange.

Find a good naturopath who will do a full saliva hormone test workup to see what's going on. Hormone testing is a tricky thing, so it could be expensive and take some time to sort out. From there, there might be some options though.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

desiii HB User
Re: hormone imbalance- vitex? herbs?

PS, Progestin, which is a commonly used hormone in most birth control pills now, can cause pretty much all of the symptoms you've mentioned. And it takes time to work its way out of the body, especially if you've ever had the depo shot. (Even one shot can take a full year to leave the body!)

Closed Thread