It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

Boozjee HB User
Alternative treatments for athletes foot

I've finally resigned myself to the fact that the medications I'm using don't work and arent' going to, no matter how long I use them. I have had athletes foot for 3 or 4 years now and I'm tired of applying this stuff every day. Has anyone found an alternative treatment that actually eliminated the fungus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Alternative treatments for athletes foot

1) Are you sure you aren't allergic to the treatments? Are you sure it's really athlete's foot?

2) Don't wear the same shoes every day, and leave your shoes open with insoles removed to dry thoroughly after each wearing. Wash your socks in hot water. When possible, wear sandals. After a shower, dry your feet with a blow-dryer, including the spaces between your toes.

3) Don't go barefoot in wet public places like locker rooms!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

Boozjee HB User
Re: Alternative treatments for athletes foot

Hey Vinnie, I'm glad to hear the aloe vera worked to clear up your eczema. I found a new medicine last week. It's called The Original Fungi-Nail and its active ingredient is Undecylenic Acid. I looked up the ingredient and it's an anti-fungal used for other fungal infections as well as athletes foot. If the athletes foot isn't gone within 4 weeks, then I guess my search will continue. Actually I'll probably give it 6 weeks since I've had this fungus for so long. The only problem I have with the medicine is that it smells horrible - like vomit. I'm not kidding. lol gross! I'll have to try sprinkling some bath powder on my feet to cover the smell.

Closed Thread