It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

timteach2 HB User
recurrent colds, HELP!

I don't know what in the world is happening to me. I have gotten 3 colds in the last 6 weeks! I have gotten one every 2 weeks. It starts out with a sore, scratchy throat, then sneezing, and then my nose get stopped up, runs, etc... Of course, this then leads to a cold sore ( first one on my lip, 1 1/2 weeks later on the side of my nose). Monday it started again! I am sitting here now blowing my nose constantly. I don't have much coughing but now the left side of my nose is tingling so that probably means a cold sore is on the horizon! I take echineacea, vitamin c and cat's claw at the first sign. I also take acyclovir when the tingling starts (My doctor gave a prescription to me when I complained several years ago about cold sores. It does seem to work better than lysine). The second time the cold only lasted 2 days so I was able to knock it out with the vitamins. Does anyone have any suggestions? I read on some other posts about oil of oregano. I do have some on hand so should I add that? It seems like my immune system is not working well. Is there something else I should add? I hope I didn't ramble too much and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User
Re: recurrent colds, HELP!

Elderberry and probiotics are two really great immune system boosters.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi one person had colds every 2 weeks in the past and now has them maybe 2 times a year. Above all things avoid sugary treats. One treatment that can be done is the following:

Compresses can be made as follows: the room should be normal temperature without drafts. I used to sit in front of the sink with all prepared supplies there ahead of time. I used a small long cotton cloth for the neck part then a plastic bread wrapper to cover the neck then a large towel to cover that. Hand towels or dry wash cloths to dry in between are useful. Another dry hand towel is used to simply wrap around after the treatment is done and needs to be thoroughly dry. Some laundry clothespins are useful to hold it in place. (I suppose a safety pin could be used but I found clothespins faster and more convenient) A small container or bowl holding 4 pieces of ice is useful. The items for the neck are laid in the lap in the order needed with Large towel down and plastic and then neck cloth.
First put on a tee shirt that you don’t mind getting damp, the ice if you use it, may make it damp. I wring the cotton neck cloth with hot water warm enough to make the neck good and warm but not hot enough to burn myself. I try to avoid dripping water over myself in the process. Then I quickly wrap that with a plastic bread wrapper to keep the insulating outer towel from getting too wet too fast and causing chilling. (If the Large outer towel gets wet and causes unwanted chilling a hand towel can be wrapped around the plastic before the Large towel.) I then wrap the neck with the Large towel outside and fasten the end with a clothes pin. After 3 minutes have past everything is taken off and carefully laid in the lap in the order it was taken off and an ice cube or ice cold wash cloth (I felt ice was more effective) is quickly passed over the neck for 30 seconds. The hand towel or dry wash cloth is used to dry off afterward. Then the whole process is repeated 2 or 3 more times. I usually like 4 cycles best. I end with drying it well and put another different dry hand towel around the neck and a dry pajama for the night. I hang the wet towels over the tub and shower rack and go to straight to bed.
There may be more posts of other things if interested.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

You need dr.weil multivitamin for optimum health, combine that with Kyolic garlic and immunepunch powder. Forget about getting cold.
I talk from my own experience, I used to get cold 100 times a year. It was like my shadow for years lol.
Mike

Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

make sure you change your toothbrush and remove the lid of the toothpaste and boil it. It is possible you are reinfecting yourself. also, it could be a fungal infection in your sinus. you would have to search that and follow the protocol for the same. netti pot is great and oil of oreganol p73 liquid drops and some acidopohilis pearls. I would also also take a reputable powder or liquid vitamin. Increase your d3 levels and you should be good.feel better.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

donny09 HB User

For the most part if you are young and relatively healthy with no other problems such as cancer. Then you should stay healthy and not get colds everytime you are exposed to them. Basically everytime you are around someone that has the common cold you are exposed to it because it is in the air and when they sneeze or touch things after blowing their nose or w/e and you touch it or breathe it in you are exposed to it. However your immune system should be able to ward it off before you get sick. I would go to the doctor and have them run blood tests and check for things that might afffect your immune system.

Otherwise a healthy raw diet of fruits, vegetables , lean meats such as fish and chicken without the skin and nuts will do more to improve your immune system and overall health more than any herb or vitamin will.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
(male)

DogtaRobot HB User

You may also find it useful to consider if your immune system is compromised for any sinister reason (review your sexual history, review your energy levels, review your physical fitness levels) or for any less sinister reason (change in stress levels, or repeat exposure to infectious people - children?).

Closed Thread