It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

Hempist HB User
Lightbulb Mr. Nice Guy "Incense"

Obviously I've heard all over the news networks and seen on the internet about college kids being hospitalized from this smoke blend from series of seizures but I can't find anymore unbiased information on it.
People are smoking it like marijuana, especially since it was legal and sold in head shops, as a way to get high without failing drug tests or just to find another kind of buzz.
From what I read it was yanked off the shelves after the hospitalization by the FDA to research it further to see how it affects the brain more. As of now it's supposedly being classified as a cannabinoid.
I was wondering if anyone hadn't heard anything more about it or could possibly tell me more about the neurological effects. I'm very intrigued by this as I study neurology and love learning about the brain and how certain drugs and substances affect it and our behavior.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Mr. Nice Guy "Incense"

Hi Hmmmmm This post is not meant to offend only to help others to avoid something not actually beneficial to health. If the lungs are prevented from oxygenating the body real well the brain would not get what is needed for a good nervous sytem I suppose. My opinion based on the pictures I have seen of smokers lungs filled with all these black particles. The more the alveoi are filled with gunk the less oxygen ....the worse the nervous system effects. Imagine if the lungs were slowly filled with baby powder. Not too pleasant a thought really, but a smoker slowly does this everytime they smoke and while the body at first sweeps some of it out it cannot sweep all of it out. I knew several smokers who had smoked for years and was not impressed with their use of words or with their health. Was the brain affected? I would say so. I must admit not all smokers are unpleasant or unintelligent with words but later on many have terrible health. Incense also has particles. Why not have a real healthy jasmine flower to sniff instead? It smell nice too and is a whole lot healthier. Have a nice day!

Last edited by sjb; 01-11-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User
Re: Mr. Nice Guy "Incense"

salvia divinorum has been around 4 thousands of years.it was used in religious and spiritual cereminies by shamans to make contact with th spirit world.is is still used today 4 meditation and astral projection.when mixed with nelumbo nucifera people have reported some intense and amazing expierences,in many people it brings a new clarity or perspective on life as they know it,it is supposed to b taken in a calm quiet place,with the lights dimmed,andmaybe some soft relaxation music,,like new age music.your not supposed to party with it.thats why people end up in hospital,in the wrong environment,and if u smoke more than your body can tolerate,you get paranoid and hallucinate.

Closed Thread