It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
(male)

jmills92 HB User
Sleep Apnea, Alpha Blocking and Mental Images

I have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (And possibly Narcolepsy) and have recently come to the realization that other people, on occasion, picture things in their head. In fact, that they tend to have the ability to CONJUR images in their head. Furthermore, I have recognized the fact that I do not have this ability. I have scoured the web and found a few other people with this same situation. I am curious if anyone knows of any research on the subject of the absence of mental images with Sleep Apnea. I have found some correlations myself.

For instance I am told that during the day I experience a phenomenon known as Alpha Blocking. Now, I've read up on Alpha brainwaves and found that they are associated with mental images, and mental focus and meditation. Is it possible that this phenomenon results in my inability to IMAGINE? I kid you not, I cannot imagine. I can't read fiction books because all I read is words, I can't think of what I want to do tomorrow because I can't see myself doing it, I can't think of what I did yesterday because I can't see myself having DONE it. I can't think of what to draw because I can't see it. BUT I can draw really well. I can't think of what to write BUT I can write really well. It's like everything I do is subconscious projection.

Also, some people just say "Well you're not a visual learner". I AM a visual learner, and a tactile learner and any other type of learner. I can learn in anyway there is. And I remember it, but only the words to describe it. Another thing is that I have a complete inability to comprehend any religious or supernatural belief. I admire the idea, but all I see, in the end, is the words. And further the problems with the words. I also can't meditate. I can sit there with my eyes closed for 2 hours, and have done so, but I just sit there. I sit there like a stone. I can stop my thoughts instantaneously as a result but I cannot produce a lick of imagery. No meadow with a light breeze and a beautiful sunset. NOTHING. Hypnosis is something hard to induce and is only possible through forms of hypnotic sleep which I have modified to reach a state of consciousness unknown to me and explore the world of mental images.

If you have any information on this subject it would be appreciated greatly. Open discussion is also welcome, I enjoy discussion on such subjects. Feel free to pick and prod. Also, share with me if you see things in your head, and how well, and what. Since I have discovered that MOST people see stuff in their head it is entertaining to hear about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Sleep Apnea, Alpha Blocking and Mental Images

Hi a relative of mine has sleep apnea and has a CPAP machine to deal with it so there is no lack of oxygen to the brain with subsequent damage. Some people who are obese tend to suffer these problems more easily because the fatty tissue is more prevalent and tends to close airways.

Is obesity present?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
(male)

jmills92 HB User

No. I haven't gained more than 5 pounds in the past 6 years (and it is usually lost immediately afterward) I weigh 120-130 pounds and I'm 18, Never higher than 130 never lower than 120. EVER. I ate nothing but Carbs for 2 months and that was the only time I ever went BELOW 120 pounds. I actually LOST weight from eating Carbs. Lol.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi were these carbs the whole grain type or the junk food type with cakes, candies and sweets?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
(male)

jmills92 HB User

I made sure they were bagels and chocolates and cakes and just plain junk food. I did keep up my nutritional health, by "nothing but Carbs" I mean I ate nothing but Carbs for lunch and dinner I still had some fruits and veges here and there so I didn't end the day on my side passed out.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi Ok so now I wonder if there is a major Candida infection and if a blood test called the Candida antibody titre should be done.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
(male)

jmills92 HB User

No. I have some of the symptoms but barely any of the hallmark symptoms.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi some of the other sufferers of sleep apnea have also had the Candida. Improve that and the sleep apnea may lessen or even disappear in my opinion.

Closed Thread