It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

dlk828 HB User
Question Anxiety/5-HTP/Rhodiola Help please

I am new here. I have been researching 5-HTP and Rhodiola and am looking for some advice on them. A quick story of how I ended up where I am today. I was on Lexapro for 5 years, started at 10 mg once a day, went up to 20 mg once a day and back down to 10 mg. I lost my health insurance on Jan 31st 2011 and have been out of all of my medication since. (I have other health issues, but this is the one that is causing me the most grief) Luckily my pharmacy gave me a small supply to last a little bit and I was only taking a pill every other day to every 2 days. I was doing okay for a while, but the side effects of coming off the Lexapro have been in full swing for about a month now. I tried going off Lexapro last year and ended up in the hospital from the side effects.

I really DON'T want to go back on a prescription form for anxiety/depression. I have not been happy with the side effects of being on a prescription form. I recently started researching the 5-HTP and Rhodiola and am wondering how well it works for people. Should I just try the 5-HTP or do both? My symptoms are headaches, body aches, difficulty breathing, chest and neck and shoulder pain and just no energy. All I want to do is sleep. I am very irritable and fly off the handle very easily. One minute I'm crying and the next yelling and angry. It's very frustrating. It is affecting my whole life, at home and work. I am reading many good things about the above, but still am unsure if I should try one of them or both. I need to exercise and try to lose some weight to get the medical issues to go away, but I have no energy to do anything.

Any help or advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
(female)

dlk828 HB User
Re: Anxiety/5-HTP/Rhodiola Help please

Thank you so much for the advice. I will do some research on the other items you mentioned.

Closed Thread