It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
(female)

gnbmum HB User
Unhappy Awful Post Nasal Drip, possible acid reflux connection

I have had issues with PND for the last 5 years. It began when I was pregnant with my last child. This time around is the absolute worst, I cannot lay down to any degree. I have to stay sitting straight up but it's also accompanied by some of the worst acid reflux I've had in a long time. I don't know if there's a connection or if they are just happening together by chance. I have had acid reflux since I was a teenager, I'm now 26. Maybe they've happened together before but never to this degree so I've missed the connection, I'm not sure. Regardless, I'm exausted and in need of help. I absolutely want to stick with homeopathic meds if possible.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Re: Awful Post Nasal Drip, possible acid reflux connection

Yeast overgrowth. You sound like you have a fungal situation hands down. xclear nasal spray is good, a netti pot is good.oil of oreganol p73 very useful, i use that and love it.Youll have to look it up cass ingram has a book on it to guide you. The fact you mentioned GERD and the connection is correct. There are many ways to go about fixing this. I always feel integrated doctors are miracle workers with these situations.ACAM can help you find one. Preganacies do alot to our bodies. You can start by drinking a lot of water, the formula i was told was half your body weight in onces. so if you are 140 pouds...70 onces of water a day..throughout the day. Then go buy some pearls of acidopholis and follow the directions on the box. Probably stear clear of sugary processed foods, white foods and alcoholic beverages.look up candida diets.And of course a good multi vitamin, powder or liquid is best. A really quick fix, although i know you do not want meds is diflucan for two weeks (perscriptive anti fungal) nd see if it all dissapates completely. Although either way you do it you will be getting a die off effect from the fungus/yeast so just know as your cleansing out the fungus/yeast you feel kinda of like you have the flu for a few days, but after that passes its worth it. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
(female)

gnbmum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itburns2004 View Post
Yeast overgrowth. You sound like you have a fungal situation hands down. xclear nasal spray is good, a netti pot is good.oil of oreganol p73 very useful, i use that and love it.Youll have to look it up cass ingram has a book on it to guide you. The fact you mentioned GERD and the connection is correct. There are many ways to go about fixing this. I always feel integrated doctors are miracle workers with these situations.ACAM can help you find one. Preganacies do alot to our bodies. You can start by drinking a lot of water, the formula i was told was half your body weight in onces. so if you are 140 pouds...70 onces of water a day..throughout the day. Then go buy some pearls of acidopholis and follow the directions on the box. Probably stear clear of sugary processed foods, white foods and alcoholic beverages.look up candida diets.And of course a good multi vitamin, powder or liquid is best. A really quick fix, although i know you do not want meds is diflucan for two weeks (perscriptive anti fungal) nd see if it all dissapates completely. Although either way you do it you will be getting a die off effect from the fungus/yeast so just know as your cleansing out the fungus/yeast you feel kinda of like you have the flu for a few days, but after that passes its worth it. Good luck.
Thank you so much, I will try all of the above. I'm glad to know I'm not crazy. PND is hard for people that haven't experienced it, to understand but it can be a very miserable thing.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ShoreBette HB UserShoreBette HB User

I have to say the advice the other poster gave you is excellent.....I went through the same wringer....is it acid reflux or post nasal? Well, in my case, I had gastritis act up, post nasal, and I can see where the two get confused together...and it didn't help that I have family members with pretty serious reflux....

I certainly am new to all of the alternative therapies, and need as much info as you do...I am taking baby steps myself....I ordered something called Friendly Flora from ProCaps Lab, because I am familiar with some of their other products...and wasn't pleased with the drug store purchased probiotic...

I deal with the post nasal drip, and have now been able to connect it with a mold issue hidden in my house.....I have done a lot of reading on this....dry nose and post nasal....

I also found out that mold can cause gastric problems as well, as I have been dealing with them as well....it is a seasonal thing when the AC is on.....

I also found out from someone that sometimes pregnancy can cause what is termed a "spitter"...it means that a woman's pregnancy hormones make so much saliva that they feel like they have to spit it out ..and usually have to keep a bottle of some kind around to spit in....a gastro dr told me once that when the stomach makes a lot of acid, the body makes a lot of saliva, and many people think that they have post nasal drip, but it is really an increase in saliva due to increase in stomach acid....

I didn't feel comfortable taking prilosec....when I found out I actually did have post nasal drip due to my mold allergy.....

Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
(female)

thinbrownline HB User

I had to respond to this because post nasal drip is so unbearably miserable and I have had it for some time. I was Dx'd with fibromyalgia and narcolepsy. For years I have suffered fatigue, upset stomach, sore throat, flu like symptoms including debilitating muscle pain. I was on fentanyl (100X stronger than morphine) for years. Finally I'd had enough. I detoxed from the pain meds and my post nasal drip was unreal. My glands, throat, even tongue felt swollen. I had constant mucous and was miserable.

I recently happened upon some info on Candida and out of desperation started the diet/treatment. In a few weeks it has made such a huge difference. My throat is about 70% better, usually only flaring when I don't follow the diet. My muscle pain and narcolepsy are about 80% improved.
It's like I'm living in a different body. I was ready to throw in the towel a few months ago. Please look into this because the sooner you get rid of it the better. I've been suffering for nearly 7 years and aggravating it with my conventional doctors treatments. Besides the diet (I do drink my coffee with cream 2 x's a day still) I also have been rotating fivelac, grapefruit seed extract, pau d'arco, coconut oil and taking vit C, a good probiotic and inulin.
Good luck!

Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User

I suffer with acid reflux. You could try posting on the acid reflux board.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have terrible PND and mucus in my throat right now. I was thinking it was a sinus infection but I am leaning towards acid reflux and you are right probably a yeast over growth! Ugh! I am going to radically work on change my diet and sticking to it now. Thanks for the advice!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:15 AM   #8
(female)

pianoprincesse HB User

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to mention here that generally the 'candida' diet is a healthier diet overall....(any diet eliminating sugars and wheat is healthier). Realize that resuming your normal diet afterwards will lead you directly back to same health problems very fast. (This is what originally happened to me when I went back to college. I was feeling great but slipped right into old eating habits after I had radically changed everything..and had to correct that!)

Good luck to everyone.

Closed Thread