It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
(female)

Lilly15 HB User
Question Alternative Deodorant

i use rexona girl, tropical energy. it makes me smell good the whole day. It's one of the only nice roll ons. I also spray on impulse which is a body mist. the double whammy has me smelling delicious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
(female)

Nerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB User
Re: Alternative Deodorant

Lavanilla makes WONDERFUL natural deodorants! They smell beautiful thanks to high quality essential oils & plant botanicals. I like the vanilla grapefruit and vanilla passionflower! They last all day long, too, and are very moisturizing and soothing. They won't irritate delicate freshly-shaved arm pits, thanks to the lack of chemicals in them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
(female)

MorganaZ HB User

I've tried the stones, worked so so for me. Tom's is ok. I have found that Listerine works the best. I keep it in a spray bottle.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganaZ View Post
I've tried the stones, worked so so for me. Tom's is ok. I have found that Listerine works the best. I keep it in a spray bottle.
Except that's not natural. Listerine has parabens and other stuff you really wouldn't want to be applying to your skin.. especially not to the breast/arm pit area... why? Because every breast tumour they've ever operated on has had parabens in it... studies have found strong correlations between parabens and breast cancers. Better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion. Hope it won't cause you any troubles in the future!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdlie View Post
Lavanilla makes WONDERFUL natural deodorants! They smell beautiful thanks to high quality essential oils & plant botanicals. I like the vanilla grapefruit and vanilla passionflower! They last all day long, too, and are very moisturizing and soothing. They won't irritate delicate freshly-shaved arm pits, thanks to the lack of chemicals in them
MMMM.... sounds yummy! Great idea you posted! Love anything Vanilla.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcafe View Post
MMMM.... sounds yummy! Great idea you posted! Love anything Vanilla.
They have pretty decent stay power, too, compared to most natural deodorants. They literally put vanilla in everything they manufacture, thus the name! =P They also make body gels, botanical perfumes, moisturizers, sunscreen, shave gel, lip balm and a couple other things. I use lots of their stuff, smells sooooooooooo good!!!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User

Hi Nerdlie...Well, I went to a few of the sites that sell their vanilla products, plust the
actual main site. I almost choked when I saw how much that vanilla type deodarent costs.
Wow. About 18 bucks each. Sounds great, but too expensive.
I think I shall try the new "natural" deod. that came out this year made by one of the big
commercial company.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #8
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcafe View Post
Hi Nerdlie...Well, I went to a few of the sites that sell their vanilla products, plust the
actual main site. I almost choked when I saw how much that vanilla type deodarent costs.
Wow. About 18 bucks each. Sounds great, but too expensive.
I think I shall try the new "natural" deod. that came out this year made by one of the big
commercial company.
Yup. I don't mind paying though, since they have no synthetics and are made of natural plant botanicals. I have a lot of sensitivities to the synthetic crap. Also, I have been using the same one for 8+ months... so I end up saving way, way, way more since they last me so long.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
(female)

Percyfaith7 HB User

I try to not use any deodorant but keep my diet very clean with lots of green drinks which keep any body order down but when I do use deodorant I use aloe unscented alvera and I have also tried nourish organic wild greens fresh stick but I did not like the strong smell of the latter. I have just wiped down with Witch Hazel before too.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #10
(male)

t0nyd HB User

I use Toms and before I apply I dip it in a box of baking soda so the baking soda sticks on the deodorant. The baking soda keeps my armpits dry, which inhibits bacterial growth.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
(female)

diverlife HB User

a drop of natural coconut oil does well.. it is antibacterial, antifungal and smells nice.

Closed Thread