It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
(male)

JohnnyL HB UserJohnnyL HB UserJohnnyL HB User
Probiotics

Hey friends,
What are some good brands of probiotics. Health stores and such are scarece around here but if you give me some names, ill get them. Thanks in advance!
JL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Probiotics

My family uses the Natures Way brand.

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
JohnnyL (09-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLew View Post
Hey friends,
What are some good brands of probiotics. Health stores and such are scarece around here but if you give me some names, ill get them. Thanks in advance!
JL
JohnnyLew,

Personally, I've found Jarro to be very effective as well and it is available in different strengths. There are a variety of these and some need refrigeration so shipping may be tricky.

Last edited by Looking4aAnswer; 09-26-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...

The Following User Says Thank You to Looking4aAnswer For This Useful Post:
JohnnyL (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ShoreBette HB UserShoreBette HB User

I just ordered something called "Friendly Flora" from the ProCaps lab...that's a company that is owned by a man named Andrew Lessman.....I first got introduced to his products through HSN....home shopping network....

I first tried his Vit D....and now use his Omega 3, B12, and since those are two really good vitamins that have not upset my stomach as many do, I looked into the friendly flora product and talked to his reps about it yesterday, as I am really tired of buying the drug store brands....

he has a website and if you have a question about anything, his reps are able to give you info on the product...he is also going to be on the home shopping network..HSN..I believe on Oct 13....he usually showcases some old and new products on there and you can get a rundown of why he developed that supplement and how it works in the body.....

He also has reviews on various products from consumers....I think I paid 15.90 for 60 caps....which compared to what I was spending on those drug store products it's much less...there are no preservatives in his products, and you pay no sales tax when you order from his site...and whatever he offers at HSN, you can buy from his company and not pay the tax.....

The Following User Says Thank You to ShoreBette For This Useful Post:
JohnnyL (09-28-2011)
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
(female)

Eniigma HB User

Hi There, I use an ultra high potency Probiotic that contains large amounts of all of the vital ingredients. I take one or two a few time a week and after I have taken any pharmaceutical (especially codiene, which strips the lining of the stomach) I take 3x3 per day fro a few days. Having our stomach bacteria in good balance determines our overall health in many cases.
So a quality probiotic product is worth the extra money and time it takes to research and access it.

The one that I find to be the best available here in Australia is
Microgenics Probiotic 8

It is an awesome product and will assist with rebalance of intestinal flora.
I hop that you are able to find something similar in the US.
Lactobacillus kefir 333 thousand organisms
Accurate within 1%.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eniigma For This Useful Post:
JohnnyL (10-26-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

The author of a new book called "The Beauty Detox Solution" says she takes Dr. Ohhira's brand.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
(female)

Miss Milly HB User

The best one is just natural yoghurt from the supermarket. Otherwise fresh natural fruit and veg will encourage all your natural bacteria in the gut. I used to buy all sorts but now I believe they are all a waste of money.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
(female)

Heartsy HB User

There are some that you can get from the drug store that are just as good as from the Health Food Store. Two very good ones are Align and culturele. I find that they are less expensive and just as good as the ones from health foods.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
(male)

kim2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Milly View Post
The best one is just natural yoghurt from the supermarket. Otherwise fresh natural fruit and veg will encourage all your natural bacteria in the gut. I used to buy all sorts but now I believe they are all a waste of money.

Actually what's better is to make your own at home - I make one called Kefir - all you do is add milk, wait 24 hours and then drink.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

My gallbladder surgeon told me to take "PB8" probiotic. The Vitamin Shop has it.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have found That the enteric coated probiotics work well--the "Ultamate 10 Probiotic" from the Vitamin Shoppe is good. The good friendly strains of probiotics are not destroyed by stomach acids or heat like many products are just during routine use.

Harry

Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

GYMFIT
Read about it --- Have you used it and with what results??It seem a little expensive!!

Thanks ---Harry

Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User

Ultimate Flora is a good one. I was told to keep it in the refrigerator.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

My gallbladder surgeon told me to take "PB8" probiotic. The Vitamin Shop has it.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
(female)

diverlife HB User

was introduced to TIBICOS a few months back and am saving a fortune ... it is a natural drink made with a type of probiotic mushrooms that you mix in water with a sugar base. within a day, it becomes fermented and sugar free.. drink 2-3 glasses a day and have seen remarkable results ... and saving a lot of money.. check on the internet...

Reply Reply