It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User
Bromelein

Anyone ever use bromelein for pain? It comes from pineapples. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, spinal stenosis and nerve pain in my foot and I have been on so many medications that I do not like to take, so instead, I started taking bromelein, fish oil, magnesium, and papaya digestive enzymes daily and my pain levels have significantly improved. I also believe juicing fresh fruits and veggies and making smoothies has helped my pain too. Anyone agree?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Bromelein

Bromelain and fish oil are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. I take both with mixed results for joint pain. Magnesium acts as a muscle relaxant, I take it too. Never tried the papaya enzyme for pain before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Another great product for pain is Terrys Naturally Curamin

The Following User Says Thank You to jenj770 For This Useful Post:
EagleRiverDee (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

dixter HB User

Bromelein is an excellent product! You should have your doctor check your 25-hydroxy vitamin D. 30 to 50 nanograms per milliliter is healthy. You should get 15 minutes per day of sunlight that would be enough to get enough D. Cold water deep sea fish sardines and salmon have the most vitamin D. If your D is low you can also take 5,000 to 10,000 IU of vitamin D per day.
My wife has fibromyalgia, I started her on an exercise routine about 3 years ago
that has helped. I suggest buying exercise bands they come in different colors
that represent the different tensions. Start with the lightest resistance and look online for resistance band training it's great for fibro. and arthritis. You have to be consistent in doing the exercises. as for your stenosis can you stand on your toes and on your heels? If you can't I suggest seeing a Neurosurgeon!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will be heading to my health food store on Monday. I downloaded two free apps on my computer , one for juicing and the other for smoothies and have been making so many different concoctions - yummy. I do alittle yoga but the resistance bands is a great idea.

Closed Thread