It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

debriksen HB User
Smile Legal alternatives to ephedra

Many years ago I used ephedra (ma huang) for mental clarity, not for weight loss. Ma Huang helped me tremendously with ADD problems. It was prescribed for me by a Chinese herbal doctor. It saved my life. Since then, I have been put on all kinds of strong medications that have side effects and that I do not like. I have been upset for years that ephedra has been declared to be dangerous. I do not agree as I used it according to dosage directions and found it to be a very helpful herbal remedy for me. I am sorry that people had to abuse it and cause it to be taken off the market. Is there anything else out there that is helpful for ADD? I do not want to be sedated. I want to feel energized and be able to think clearly. I have tried vitamins and some other things that have not been helpful. I do not like to take the prescription meds that have been prescribed in the amphetamine family. Anyone out there that has been through something similar and has a natural solution for ADD?

Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Legal alternatives to ephedra

much of the ephedra has been discontinued however there is one product that is marketed for Asthma that is still allowed to contain it. Just google it and it is available almost everywhere.

T

The Following User Says Thank You to msnova74 For This Useful Post:
debriksen (06-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
(female)

debriksen HB User

Thanks for the information. I will see what I can find out. Any other ideas for herbal treatments that might help for ADD that are not sedating?

Old 06-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
(female)

debriksen HB User

I found the otc medication. You were right. I took it today and I feel better already. I also told my psychiatrist about this herb that I used to be able to buy in the health food store called ma huang that always helped me. I told him that it had been taken off the shelves due to the fear that it was dangerous or that people could make dangerous drugs from it. I'm not really sure why, but I believe that it is similar to something in this otc med and ephedra. Thank you so very much. Of course, my doctor told me not to take it and sent me home with yet another prescription for ADD - this time focalin xr.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #5
(female)

lm22 HB User

Sida acuta contains ephedra not sure how much tho

Reply Reply