It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

ladyjadey HB User
high testosterone levels... natural remedies to even things out?

my doctor said iv got slightly high testosterone levels... only symptoms are missed periods i put weight on easy and cnt lose it much and mood swings and im quiet strong aswell... muscle wise. im also a broad shouldered i just want something natural they will even it out maybe without having to use medication natural would be alot better any info or advice would be great! thanks in advance.... p.s. where TTC no periods = no hope xo

Last edited by ladyjadey; 07-18-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling error

Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User
Re: hightestosterone levels..... natural remedies to even things out?

I had high testosterone levels last year, was growing some facial hair, nasty agressive moods and my doctor told me the best way to get it down was to detox and really increase my fiber intake, You can detox by juicing, or using a detox supplement. Once I detoxed my levels came back down. I am in menopause and no longer make progesterone which makes the estrogen levels high and not balanced. I now use progesterone cream and have seen good results. I think the progesterone cream also helped balance my testosterone.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

thank you for replying could u tell me more about juicing ? iv never heard of it thank you xo

Old 10-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
(female)

wildoaks HB User

I've actually been dealing with this too, and just talked to an alternative health consultant about it. Here were her suggestions:

Start out taking either saw palmetto (not a male health version, just straight up saw palmetto, tincture or tablets) or chaste berry/vitex as directed. Both help moderate hormones and lower testosterone.

Secondly, she suggested I start monitoring my BBT (basal body temp) to monitor thyroid function, as the thyroid plays an integral part in regulating hormone levels. She suggested getting a specific book... and I can't remember what it is, so that's no help! So that's what I'm doing for the next month or so.

Reply Reply