It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

kekimba HB User
AM Solutions to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Hi All,
I believe that I have Hashi's (due to some bloodwork I recently had done). Has anyone had success or know of AM options to address my autoimmunity?

I've heard of a lot of different things--coconut oil for energy, selenium and other minerals, ashwaghanda, iodine etc. I did have my iodine levels checked and they're fine so I don't think I'll start supplementing (I think this can aggravate Hashi's anyway).

Has anyone had luck correcting this condition using these or other methods?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User
Re: AM Solutions to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

kebimba,

I was dx'ed with Hashi's over ten years ago. I think I have tried everything ever suggested to help and never found anything that did. However, I found many things not only did not help but also made things worse. One thing to avoid like the plague are soy products. Also be careful of products containing soy like salad dressings and products you might not expect to contain soy. Always read the label. I suggest starting a food journal and watch for food intolerance's. Other than that try to get enough sleep, don't allow yourself to get stressed out, and eat a well balance diet. Another very important point is never overdo it. Exercise, but keep it well within your limits. Pushing yourself mentally or physically will backfire on you. Learn to pace yourself in all things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply