HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/alzheimers-disease-dementia/)
-   -   Fluoride/Alzheimer's (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/alzheimers-disease-dementia/14084-fluoride-alzheimers.html)

bare4winds 06-23-2002 11:13 PM

Fluoride/Alzheimer's

This was sent to me by a friend, and should
be read by all.
------------------------------------------------------

Is Flouride a Danger to Your Health and Sanity?

Fluoride is an unnecessary, toxic poison added to your food and water supply. No other substance deliberately added to food or water poses the health risks of fluoride.

A new study shows fluoride increases absorption of aluminum from deodorants, or pots and pans by over 600%! The aluminum concentration in the brains of Alzheimer's patients is 15 times higher than in healthy individuals. The fluoride/aluminum combination spells disaster for your brain's health!

That's not the only problem with fluoride. We've been told how good it is for us, but I'd like to dispel some of the myths about fluoride.

Fiction: Fluoride is a natural substance.

Fact: Fluoride occurs naturally in some water supplies as natural calcium fluoride, but the type of fluoride added to water and toothpastes is a hazardous waste by-product (hydrofluosilicic acid) coming from the phosphate fertilizer industries.

Fiction: Mandatory water fluoridation is safe.

Fact: An enormous body of evidence from both animal and human epidemiology studies is now clear. Fluoride exposure is linked to cancer, genetic damage, nervous system dysfunction, and bone diseases. Studies also link fluoride exposure to lowered IQ in children.

More Fluoride Facts:

Fluoride is more toxic than lead. Even in minute doses, it is damaging to brain/mind development.

Studies show that fluoride is linked to Alzheimer's and Senile Dementia.

In areas where fluorosis (fluoride poisoning) is prevalent, a higher concentration of fluoride is found in the developing brain tissue of unborn children.

Hip fracture rates are much higher in people residing in fluoridated communities.

Is Fluoride Toothpaste Safe? The answer to this question is a resounding no. The poison control center receives over 11,000 calls a year because of poisoning from ingesting fluoride toothpaste. In 1997, the FDA even mandated a poison warning label on fluoride toothpaste! Small children, who tend to swallow toothpaste, are most at risk. Signs of fluoride poisoning include vomiting and muscle cramps. Look for non-fluoridated toothpastes.

The widespread use of fluoride in our dental products, food, and beverages is causing massive fluoride poisoning in the U.S. population. Plus, the fluoridated water affects our food supply. Fruits and vegetables watered with fluoridated water mean toxic fluoride is leeched into the produce you eat. Not even organic produce is safe from fluoride in the water supply.

drs 06-24-2002 05:37 AM

I have read some of these articles also. It really torks me that the dentist for children are preaching about the imprortance of floride. My daughter was born with no enamel on her back teeth. And did I get the speech about floride treatments!!

Also another bad thing in relation to Alzheimers and dementia, was drinking diet sodas from a can. The nutrasweet binds with the aluminum from the can. Actually all nutra-sweet will bind with any exposer to aluminum. Scary stuff. Diana

wackytoposthere 06-30-2002 08:40 PM

The widespread use of fluoride in our dental products, food, and beverages is causing massive fluoride poisoning in the U.S. population. Plus, the fluoridated water affects our food supply. Fruits and vegetables watered with fluoridated water mean toxic fluoride is leeched into the produce you eat. Not even organic produce is safe from fluoride in the water supply.

Is this really true? I've heard they put fluoride in coke and other soda's. If this is true, then what about all the soda that comes in aluminum cans?

indsey 09-06-2002 10:09 PM

Between floride and amalgams (among other things)I don't know how dentists live with themselves.

Donna Rose Gearhart 09-08-2002 04:59 PM

Hi, Could you please give the the source of your info? When I tell friends WHY I think I have AD, they do not believe me... "There is so much false info on line...bla, bla, bla...." And YES, I am ANGRY!!!!! WHY are not the makers of such products made to make SURE the public KNOWS OF THE DANGERS, and WHY it is dangerous????? EVERY pack of cigarettes has LEDGABLE WARNINGS right ON it!!! I have been asking everyone I meet, DO you know that flouride is harmful? Or that there is a tiny warning on each tube of toothpaste??? I have YET to get ONE affirmative answer!!! _I_ need BOTH glasses AND a magnifying glass to even SEE that tiny print!!! Most people do not believe me! Then they go look... "_I_ didn't know that!" People just do not go around reading the labels of every household product! Espicially one that we have ALL grown up with! I have OFTEN swallowed small ammounts, thinking to freshen my breath, all the way down! WHY isn't there a class action lawsuit against such companies??? WHY are they not FORCED to MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE OF THE DANGERS, & WHY IT'S DANGEROUS??????? How MANY others, besides myself, are going to have to lose thier faculities, and deteriorite, because of Flouride caused AD???? WHY ISN'T SOMETHING BEING DONE TO INFORM THE COMMON PUBLIC????? By the time we have a REASON to look into AD, it is already too late.... At 55, I am strong and physically healthy. A female construction worker, with a lovely, BEAUTIFUL 18 yr old daughter. I love her over any human on the planet. She is my LIFE! How SOON will she be forced to FEED me, & clean up my incontenance?????? She is in her last year of SCHOOL! I would rather just DIE! I'M suppsed to be taking care of HER!!!!! Yes, I AM ANGRY!!! If there is ANYTHING we can DO to get JUSTICE with the companies producing such products, just LET ME KNOW!!! But SOON..... please?
Donna

SnowyLynne 09-08-2002 08:11 PM

I think people are trying to put any blame they can on food that cause AD.Don't believ everything you read.They blamed coffee,tea,cooking in aluminum pans,& everything in between

------------------
SnowyLynne

Prue 06-03-2003 12:18 PM

I have some questions about floride treatments. I told my dentist that my children were to have no more floride treatments. They were upset by this and want to have a meeting with me to hear why and to tell me their side. After I told them my decision I felt bad. Because all the information that I have on floride treatments is from friends. (it causes cancer,and make schizophrenia worse, or something like that) I have been looking around on the internet for information so I can go to this meeting with hard core information. But have not come up with much.
Does anyone know where I could find some more info on this topic? And I do have the right to stop my children from getting these treatments, right?

wackytoposthere 01-15-2004 09:58 PM

Re: Fluoride/Alzheimer's

Do a web search "harmful effects from fluoride" and "health concern from fluoride"

Some of the things I found from search above:

fluoride intake lowered birth rates, sperm,

scientific communities about the harmful effects associated with carbonated soft drinks.

The 3-year old boy, teeth were swabbed with fluoride gel - he swallowed it lapsed back into coma and died - court awarded damages of $750,000.

Fluoride Is Poison, Says Dartmouth Doctor
New evidence seems to confirm that by fluoridating our water, we are poisoning our children.

Half of all ingested fluoride remains in the skeletal system and accumulates with age. Several recent epidemiological studies suggest that only a few years of fluoride ingestion from fluoridated water increases the risk for bone fracture.

The Fluoride Risk Evidence of a link to cancer. Newsweek 2/5/1990

:wave: :bouncing: :wave: