It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User
Re: Respite

There .. I knew I was contagious ... now I proved it

Here's a box of tissues ... --->

and some sudafed ... ---->

And some eucalyptus oil .... --->

and a warm brandy .... --->

Hugs
Sally

Old 09-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi Sally -

I'm a little better this morning - don't sound as much like Lauren Bacall as I did last night! Ta for the medicinal aides and I trust you've partaken of each in the last few days yourself!

Hope your sleepover was a lot of fun and very restorative. Since it's your Sunday, the mini-countdown is 2 days until your escape to the countryside and tomato farm!! Cherish each way you and your family reclaim your lives!!! Shrea, shrea!

Any word on MIL?

Hugs - Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraH; 09-24-2005 at 11:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User

Good afternoon! My sleepover was a resounding success, even if Sue and I failed miserably at darts ... the boys ALWAYS win ... I'm just thankful I can hit the round thing .. they keep expecting me to actually purposefully land a dart in a designated number!!

The hide of them! LOL

Anyway .. I HAVEN'T RUNG THE NURSING HOME TODAY .. I will ring tomorrow morning .. today .. I wanted a day OFF of worrying and stressing. BIL is in town. "L" has taken off for a holiday north without him .. so he can do some Dad-Care and we'll figure out Mum-Care tomorrow. BIL is meeting with MIL to get her re-assessed, and this time BIL can't argue with the professionals.

Let's just pray they come through this time and don't send MIL home!!!!!!! FOR HER SAKE as well as everybody else!!

Big hugs to all ...
Sally

Old 09-25-2005, 06:53 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

oops! hit submit before I was finished! see below!

Last edited by BarbaraH; 09-25-2005 at 06:58 AM.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:56 AM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Sally!

Glad you had fun and games at the sleepover! I know what would improve your aim at darts. Put BIL's picture on the bullseye!!

Hope the elders stay quiet and happy today so you can have the rest of today off. Oh, to be that fly on the wall as ACAT talks with BIL! I couldn't agree more that everything said and done must/should be for MIL's good.

Cheers! Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraH; 09-25-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I hope everything goes the way it needs to in order to keep MIL safe and secure in a nice comfy NH. But don't be surprised (as if you would) if BIL tries to make excuses for MIL's behavior. "She's only acting this way because this is an unfamiliar setting for her" or whatever else he can think of.

Of course I don't think ACAT would buy that for one second. They know what you've gone through and what the professionals who are now dealing with her now are going through.

I hope everyone is feeling much better today. I'm still feeling the same.

Sudafed sounds good but is getting to be a bit of a hassle to purchase here due to the regulations on it.

Love, Barb

Old 09-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Try Telfast in the orange packet if you can get your hands on it .. Sue gave me some and it worked BRILLIANTLY ..

Yeah .. Sudafed's a bit of a pain getting here too .. but one look at me and my sinus, and they usually hand it over happily ..

Helps when the Chemist has known you for years too ....

I'm going to ring the NH shortly and see how MIL's last 2 nights have been.

Hugs
Sally

Old 09-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I've never heard of Telfast but I have some Drixoral I forgot I had. That works well for sinuses. When I had bronchitis, I took that and NyQuil at night. I slept almost like a baby.

I'm feeling a little better today. I went to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It's based on a true story. I give it four stars!

Oh and yesterday I took our high school girls tennis team to another high school nearby to play in a tennis tournament. It took about 30 minutes to get there and 30 minutes to get back. The rest of the 8 hours I was paid overtime to watch tennis matches! I made over $100 for 1 hour of actual work. I alomst feel guilty. But that's the way they do things. I love driving a school bus!

Love, Barb

Old 09-27-2005, 09:30 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Sally & Everyone else too!

I am sorry Sally, that I was not here to help you and cheer you up! But, from what I have read, the other wonderful, caring ladies have and are taking good care of you!!!

I hope that you feel better after your sleep over with friends! Hope that it kept your mind off of the very stressing things that have been happening to you and to your family.

I only got to read this thread 1 time while I was gone. So, I was greatly worried about and for you!! We just got back last night.

Yes, do rest up and try to relax when you can! You have been thru so so much!!! I do hope that everything works out like it should. That yall get to go on your vacation and that MIL gets to stay permanently in a NH!!!!! That is what she needs and what you and your family need. It does show everyone, what a trouper you were and are! I do not think anyone else, except a NH could have done what you have done in the past years!!!

I will talk more later, have to unpack and put the house back to order. We had no damage except a few downed tree limbs! I will talk about that on another thread, later.

Keep doing and saying what you want and need, Sally. And stick to your guns!!!

Love, Wannabe

Old 09-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

I am so glad you are all right, Wannabe! Great that your house did not get damaged. I hope that was now the LAST of those gosh awful storms for this year ...

Love,

Martha

Closed Thread