It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
(male)

DaveChow415 HB User
Question Looking for help please.

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out with this here, I've all but given up.

My cousin told me about a product called TagItAll w/endorsement by Alzheimers foundation, great inexpensive personal id. Used to by it at his local pharmacy, anyone know where I can get the thing [removed]?
Basically a bracelet that you can write the wearers emergency contact info, multi use and comfortable to wear.
Any leads would be great.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-14-2006 at 10:26 PM. Reason: do not ask members to recommend outside websites

Old 10-15-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
(female)

Raffeer HB User
Re: Looking for help please.

Davechow
I was able to order a bracelet with personalized info for my husnad. As I remember it was inexpensive and was arrived quickly. There are several outfits that sell them.
Raffeer

Last edited by moderator2; 10-15-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Have you tried a medical supply store? We have a couple of them in our area and they both have a variety of medical ID bracelets, wristbands and necklaces.

Barb

Old 10-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Beginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB User

Your local Alzheimers Assn or government agency for support of the elderly should be able to point you to a good source. In my state (PA) a Safe Return bracelet and registration is free, covered by our state lottery proceeds. (I could purchase a bracelet or other jewlery showing myself as a caregiver for a very nominal cost.)

The Safe Return program requires a current picture of the patient. It's a good idea to make sure that you have a current picture, in case the patient begins to wander and the picture is needed. It's important to make sure that the bracelet is tight enough that it can't be slipped off by the patient.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
(female)

SylviaR HB User
Talking Re: Looking for help please.

try tag alert from SOS Alert products. permanently write your info with a ball point pen and a bracelet. mom won't get lost w/o ID.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi DaveChow,

I just looked on the internet under medical id bracelets. I got my dad one for fathers day. I told him he did not have to put it on til he was ready. My niece convinced him to wear it, when they all went to New Braunfels, Tx for a family reunion for several days. She put it on him and the wearer cannot take it off himself. I did not measure, so it is not loose, but not skin tight.

This site, offered many different sizes, styles, makes and $s. I chose a manly silver plated one. You can put different things on the front and different things on the back. We put his first name (like the old timey bracelets from the 50s and 60s) on the top with a medical id symbol. On the inside, we put his whole name, address, phone #, wifes name, my name and phone #, and my sisters name and address.

He will have to take it off for his operation - pacemaker in a week, but I intend to put it back on him in the hospital. We do not want him to get used to not wearing it.

Hope you find the one you want.

Love, Wannabe

Closed Thread