It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

georgie04 HB User
N2e

Hi there, I know you are only a day or so away from your surgical biopsy. Just want you to know I am thinking of you. I hope you are getting some support through this at home? Will there be someone to look after you after the operation?

At any rate, if there is such a thing as a virtual hand-holder, consider me there!!

Hope all goes well for you.

love, Georgie

Old 10-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Re: N2e

Wishing you the best with the biopsy. I've been thinking of you knowing that you're going through this scary stuff like my sister. She'll have her lung biopsy tomorrow (Wednesday).

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
(female)

georgie04 HB User

I'm just thinking about something that happened a few years ago. I had to have a very invasive and scary procedure done. Dearly beloved rolled his eyes when I asked him to pick me up from the hospital (because I was having a sedative they said I couldn't drive). Called me a prima donna..........

Anyhoo, he did come to pick me up - arrived in my car (extremely unusual), as if to say that the situation was not worth his gas money. I was pretty shaken up by the procedure, got into the car, and he then backed out of the hospital driveway into an oncoming stream of traffic. We got hit. He went berserk at the poor woman whio hit us, and ballistic at my insurers when they said it must have been his fault.

I'm just worried that n2e is going through this with no support, or, heaven forfend, hostility from the the one person she ought to be getting support from.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

needtoescape HB User

I appreciate your concern. Hubby is being supportive. He will be there and drive me home. I can't be sure he will control his road rage on the way home, but he will at least try. I have no complaints about his behavior in this situation because he's being understanding of my fears. Thanks again for caring. I will post after the biopsy to let you know how the procedure went - and after I get the results. Everyone seems to be sure it will be benign. n2e

Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

You're in my prayers too.

Love,

martha

Old 10-20-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
(female)

needtoescape HB User

Biopsy went ok. I am sore and not feeling like being on the computer. Doc said it was round and soft and he expects it to be benign. We won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #7
(female)

georgie04 HB User

Thanks for the update - I've been thinking of you . And I am glad to hear you are getting support at home. Snuggle up for the weekend and take care.

I know the breast surgeon I go to can tell almost immediately when doing a biopsy - says he has to be very careful with his facial expressions when doing needle biopsies so as not to alarm patients. Soft is good!!!!!

love georgie

Last edited by georgie04; 10-20-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Hi N2E! I'm glad the surgery is finally over for you. Now for the wait and see to be over with too so you can breathe easy.

My sister had her biopsy done on the 19th. She doesn't know the results yet either.

My sister was told she definitely had lung cancer by two different doctors. The third consultant came in and ordered a CT scan. He told her based on the scan, it was very possible it wasn't cancer, but a benign tumor or scar tissue.

I'm praying for the best results for both of you.

Love, Barb

Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #9
(female)

needtoescape HB User

It was a benign fibroadenoma. Thanks for the prayers. Now life can return to "normal" and I'll have to figure out a way to cope after all. Back to counseling for me... Thanks again.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:17 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

That is wonderful news! I'm happy for you. Now you can concentrate on planning your future.

Love,

Martha

Old 10-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good to hear!

I haven't heard from my sister yet. I'll call her as soon as my phone is recharged. I must seem so unconcerned to her because I only called her once and she was still in with the doctor getting the biospy. I talked to her daughter. I'm really scared to call my sister. I don't want to hear what I think she's going to tell me. I'm 44. She's 54. I don't want to lose my big sister.

Love, Barb

Old 10-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #12
(female)

georgie04 HB User

I'm sooooo pleased to hear your news n2e!!!!!!!!! And that you are now moving onward and upward with the rest of your life.

I'm on a schedule of yearly mammogram, ultrasound and exam by my surgeon which is very reassuring - stops me brooding about it on top of everything else

Take care, Georgie

Closed Thread