It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Homeopathic study

I just read today that there is a national (US) study going on now involving extracts from a plant called Chinese Club Moss.

The study is sponsored by the National Institute on Aging. It specifically involves alzheimers/dementia patients.

The plant has been used in China for years to treat cognitive disorders.

In the study, patients either receive a placebo or Hyperzine A (an alkaloid extracted from the plant) at a concentration that's higher than what's available in over-the-market supplements.

The study is ongoing and the results won't be in for some time. But if they could at least find some homeopathic concoction to work in conjunction with traditional medicine, that's a good first step.

Just thought I'd throw this out to anyone who's interested in a homeopathic route.

Love, Barb

Old 10-21-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Homeopathic study

Hi Barb,

This is very interesting. I know when I lived in Germany (1971 to 2000) there were many more homeopathic or herbal remedies availabel than here, and most people normally try them first before going to prescription drugs or even over the counter drugs.

I hope good results are found.

Love,

Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
(male)

gerardthree HB User
Re: Homeopathic study

I have not added my name to the whos who **** yet.
But this was something i NEEDED to reply to.
I am appreciating everything I have read thus far.
But this topic is of great interest to me.
I hope that once I get into this a little more, I can start more on this topic.
Please continue with posts like this.
I am trying to find prevention and remedies.
So just want to say thanks.

Closed Thread