It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

needtoescape HB User
LuvMyLilDoggie

I understand your fears about your sister. It's ok to call her and just tell her you are scared. I don't think everybody has to "Think Positive" about the results. Actually, it kind of bugged me that everyone was so SURE mine would be benign. Everybody but me, that is. They were right - but it could have been a different outcome. I needed someone to let me process my fears and the "what if's". In the end, we could both agree that it was pointless to try to figure it all out before we knew - but having someone to just acknowledge the possibility of a bad outcome and the fear would have been comforting to me. Does that make sense? So I encourage you to call your sister and just be honest about how you feel. That you've been afraid to call. That you're afraid to lose her. That you don't know how you'll cope if she has cancer - but that you love her and will do your best to be supportive of her no matter what. Would you be comfortable doing that?

I have one sister. I'm 45 and she's 47. I'll be 46 soon. We're only 18 months apart. I can't imagine facing the possibility of losing her. I pray your sisters results are not what you think - but if they are, I will continue praying for both of you and your families. Let us know when you find out.

Hugs

Old 10-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Re: LuvMyLilDoggie

Thank you, N2E, for your kind words and advice. Yes, I am ready and willing to support her now that the initial shock is over and I've been able to process my feelings.

Still no news on my sister. I tried calling her several times but I keep getting her voice mail and she's not returning my calls.

So only one of two things could have occured. She either got a good report and is letting me wait and wonder because she's mad at me OR she got a bad report and just doesn't want to talk right now. I hope it's just because she's mad because we can work through that.

So here I am waiting and wondering. All I can do is keep trying to reach her and continue to pray.

Love, Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

needtoescape HB User

Have you been able to reach your sister? If you don't feel like talking about it, I understand. I just want you to know that you and your sis are on my mind and in my prayers.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I still haven't been able to reach her. So I continue to do the 3 w's (wait, wonder and worry).

I'll let you know just as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the prayers.

Love, Barb

Closed Thread