It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
I'm taking time for me to get better...

Please don't be worried if I'm not around for a few days. My son and I are very sick. He with a virus, allergies and asthma (BAD combination!) and me with a severe case of chronic bronchitis as well as the virus my dear son brought home to me.

I'm coughing my lungs out and wearing generic Depends (you ladies know the cough/pee thing ). Btw, WalMart's brand Assurance works very well and is MUCH cheaper. Just a tad bit larger than Depends so if you decide to try it on your loved one and it leaks, try a size smaller.

We went to the doctor yesterday (dear son and I) and she's concerned about my thyroid so I have some new meds for that too. I have to go back in a month for more bloodwork. I've gained a LOT of weight lately despite not eating much. I haven't had any energy and I'm tired all the time. She's going to test my thyroid, glucose levels and cholesterol.

Anyway, nuff about me. Off to bed I go.....

Love, Barb

P.S. I just got off the phone with dad. He sounds great. He was talking about people and correctly naming them. Sis said he's having a hard time with the hygiene thing again but he's being much more social. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear he was the dad I'd known before the Imposter.

If we're feeling up to it, my son and I are going down there for Thanksgiving. I've been looking forward to this for about a month now so I hope we're feeling better then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 03:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: I'm taking time for me to get better...

Dear Barb,

Do take the time to get well. I hope you are on some kind of antibiotic. You have to be in good physical shape for the long drive - and in good mental shape when you see your Dad again after all this time. I know there will be a lot of deterioration you can't see on the phone.

I also hope and pray you get your thyroid functioning normally again - overweight is often connected to thyroid underfunction. Once that is working normally, weight loss often follows.

Meanwhile take care of your son and yourself. God bless you.

Love,
Martha

Old 11-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I can't stay away from you guys here even when I'm sick.

I have 2 different types of inhalers now for the bronchitis and an antibiotic for an infection. I'm exausted from not being able to sleep because of the coughing. I have the deepest, loudest cough anyone around me has ever heard. I'm sleeping in the living room in a recliner now because I choke when I lay down.

I kept my weekend free so I can try to recoup. I took a personal day from work to see the doctor last Tuesday and have worked every day since then. My job isn't physically stressful so that's good. I wouldn't be able to work if I had the job I used to have.

My ds is feeling better. He's been lucky enough to be able to sleep a LOT. You know a 17 y/o boy is sick when he goes to bed at 5:30pm! He had about 2 nights of sleeping 12 hours or more. He really needed that. Now he's feeling much better.

Love, Barb

Old 11-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User

You little addict you ! LOL

I am on here more often than I post, basically because I feel now I work in the industry, I can't have any 'proper' input .. y'know? I can talk about my past experiences with my ex-charges, but I feel like a broken record sometimes! LOL

So stay hanging around, it's good therapy anyway !!

Hugs

Old 11-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Get well soon, Barb! I hope your trip to visit your Dad over Thanksgiving works out - and that you return home WITHOUT him ....

Love,

Martha

Closed Thread