It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

rljslh HB User
Does age matter?

I am 27 years old and I have been having troubles with my memory for about 2 years now. I have some symptoms of alzheimers I know this sounds weird but I have no idea of what else it could be? I talk to my DOCTORS (more then one) and they say that I am depressed.
I am too young to feel the way I do. I can go into a store and not remember where I parked my car or even if I came out the right door. I will drive some where and not remember how I got there (well I know I drove but I donít remember doing it or the roads I turned down) I forget the names of people, forget the names of objects ( I know that I know what they are) It is on the tip of my tongue but that is as far as it gets. I forget having a conversation with someone and repeat myself a lot. My husband is getting frustrated with me! But I can not help it. Does anyone know if age has anything to do with alzheimers or is it just in my head??? Or does anyone know what it could be??? Thank you for listening to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Does age matter?

Even 'early onset" Alzheimer's refers to it beginning in your 50s or 60s.

Other possibilities -

Depression - curable with certain medications
Thyroid problems - curable
Vitamin deficiencies - curable

and more.

If you don't accept your doctor's diagnosis, get a full check up with someone else, but do follow through on his/her recommendations. It will make a huge difference in your life.

I am very sure it cannot be dementia.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Love,

martha

Last edited by Martha H; 11-09-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread