It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

Suzy2 HB User
Never heard of 7 stages?

I emailed my Sisters mental health nurse to ask her about the 7 stages of Alzheimers. I asked her what stage in her opinion was my Sister now at.

her reply was "I have never heard of the 7 stages of Alzheimers and neither has any of my collegues."

I am in England,is the 7 stages explanation an American thing?

Last edited by Suzy2; 11-21-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
(female)

georgie04 HB User
Re: Never heard of 7 stages?

I just looked on the UK AD org site and the only thing they say on the progression of AD is early, middle and late stage. Who would have thunk?

I always had the impression the 7 stages has been heavily researched and widely adopted. Strange huh?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User
Re: Never heard of 7 stages?

Nope, here in Australia the 3 stages are more widely recognised too, although personally, however, I prefer the 7 stages because it breaks it down a lot better. I think you will find the 3 stages are accepted medically, and the 7 stages accepted by carers.

And on another tangent .. In My Humble Opinion .. I have found that a vast majority of the medical profession are educated in books, yes ... but in the day to day existance of dealing with this particular disease, what the books say aren't always correct for the individual. This is an on-going argument which makes it impossible to find a common thread in dealing with this disease.

Closed Thread