It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

Mom2Mom HB User
The day is approaching!

Yikes the day is almost here when my mom moves up here. (Friday) I am excited and nervous... Almost feel like I got kicked in the stomach... as the reality sets in. I have been on the phone with the nursing home or my dad or both everyday for a week now. I have to get my mom a bank account (well really open a bank account for me in her name with me as the signer), find a doctor and a dentist that take her insurance and other things like this. I am also trying to help my dad figure out some legal ways to move assests around so that he can get my mom on Medicaid at some point in her life. Her nursing home care is taking almost his entire salary leaving him little to live on himself. And in the mean time I have a 15 month old that is sick or teething or both. Talk about clingy! And a teenager that is rebeling like crazy and I am trying to figure out if she needs counsling or what... Too much going on! At least work is calm... ahhh work... my escape. Wish me luck over this long weekend!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Closed Thread