It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

cyt HB User
Problem with lady

My Mom lives in a senior apt. complex. IT is not assisted living or nursing home. There is a lady that lives there who has AD. We don't know why the manager rented to her. Anyway, the lady microwaved some clothes the other day, thinking she was washing them. IT's a miracle she hasn't set the place on fire yet. Then last night my Mom and others who live there were out in their hallway and this lady came by. She walked right into a gentlemen's apt. saying it was hers. He told her and everyone else there told her it wasn't hers. Of course she got argumentive with them. They then led her to her apt. and told her to look in at her stuff. She did and yet still argued. She finally settled down and went in. This is worrying me and my Mom and the others......the manager just doesn't want to listen or seems like she doesn't have time to bother with this. What should we do? Oh, this place is connected with the Area Agency on Aging, so we thought about going to them. This lady should be moved. Thanks for listening. C

Old 12-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Problem with lady

I would probably check with the aginging agency first. Try sending your concerns re this ladie's behavior to the manager in the form a letter, and get the other residents to do it too. That way you have a record that your concerns were brought up to the manager.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
(female)

mamaduck4 HB User

Does this lady have any family??? If so, shouldn't someone contact them so they are informed of her behavior so they can take her to a doctor? This poor soul sounds like she needs someone to help her, maybe get on some medication or get her into a facility that would be appropriate for her illness. I'm sure the other tenants of the building are really upset by her behavior but also probably don't know how to handle the situation.

Hope someone there will step in and take charge.

Jan

Old 12-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

aim4relief HB User

just a suggestion that situation is a disaster waiting to happen. possibly contact the department of social service.
trish

Old 12-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Great Ideas...make contact with her family if possible, then if nothing comes of that contact social services. More specifically, probably whomever is in charge of Aging and Disability. Good luck!

Last edited by Midget; 12-27-2006 at 09:24 PM.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #6
(female)

cyt HB User

Yes, her daughter is well aware of her situation and is an EMS driver! But yet she does nothing! Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I'll check into it and let you all know what happens. Thanks, C Hope your 2007 is better than 2006.

Closed Thread