It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Smile Happy New Year!!!!

To the Aussie's here, I'm sorry this is late. I hope you had a lovely New Year's celebration. Our New Year begins just over 10 hours from now.

To those like me who are still awaiting 2007, please have a safe, fun and joyful celebration.

To all of us who love someone with AD/dementia, my wish for all is serenity. Of course dealing with what we're dealing with, serenity isn't very easy. But I pray that we all experience enough serenity to be able to get through the day to day things that worry us all.

And to all of our loved ones affected by this awful disease, I continue to pray for each and every one. I pray for peace, love, tranquility and happiness.

And of course as we all do, I pray for a cure.....

May peace, love and joy surround you and your loved ones always.

Love, Barb

Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: Happy New Year!!!!

Thank you so much Barb, and the same to you! To all caregivers, especially Dementia caregivers, I wish you God's guidance, and enough patience and understanding to do what you have to do.

Update on my Mom - she is still alive, and today was a little more responsive, according to Bill, my brother. This is the date my dad passed away, and I still feel depressed every New Year's Eve -- 29 years ago, unbelievable!

My son from Miami leaves tomorrow, which makes me feel sad, but it has been great having 2 of my 3 children here near me .. and the older son and my granddaughter called from Germany .. so I can't complain.

Here it will be 2007 in 9 hours ..... the grandkids will try to stay up, but if they seem too tired we can always yell 'happy new year' at 10 and put them to bed ...

Love,

Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sandyspen HB UserSandyspen HB User

Me too! Happy New Year and a great 2007 for everyone!

Grandkids......bah humbug........Every year I swear I'm gonna stay up and watch that ball drop in New York, and just can't do it. My eyes just won't stay open that late... Maybe this year!

Everyone stay safe, have lots of fun with friends and family. And to all Caregivers, remember to take care of yourselves too!

Old 12-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Oh dear Martha, this time of year is difficult for many of us even in the best of circumstances so I understand this is especially difficult for you.

I wish there were something I could say to ease your pain and sorrow.

I will send up extra prayers for you, my dear friend.

Close your eyes and imagine taking hold of our hands, those of us who you have helped with your kind words and wisdom in our difficult times. We'll all be a circle of support for you.

Love, Barb

Old 12-31-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
(female)

georgie04 HB User

I want to add my best wishes to everyone on this board for the new year.

Although it is hard for some (most?) of us not to approach a new year with a degree of trepidation about what this disease will bring for our loved ones and ourselves - I am very grateful to the wonderful people here for their wisdom, support, and generosity in sharing their experiences.

At least 2006 was the year I WASN'T locked up in a lunatic asylum from trying to cope with everything on my own

love
Georgie

Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LOL!!! I second that thought, Georgie!

Love, Barb

Old 12-31-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi to All,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! May 2007 be a better year and may we all be healthy, not worn out, and not frazzled in our brains!!!!! :>

I really do wish you all a great new year.

Love,

Wannabe

Old 01-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User

Happy New year to All !!

I celebrated by working until 10pm, coming home, having a few drinks, saw the new year in (just) hopped into bed and got up 5 hours later to go back to work again ..

Hmmm .. did a similar thing at Christmas ...

BUT : to everybody, may all your hopes and dreams and wishes be fullfilled in 2007, we've all had a pretty rough time in 2006, and I'm hoping for all our sakes 2007 proves to be just a little bit gentler on us all.

Cheers
Sally

Old 01-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
(female)

Lady Ann HB User

Forgive my tardiness, but today has been one of those days that I've tried to me attentive and not at the keyboard so much ~ but the news is on so it's okay.
Happy New Year to each of you! I haven't checked in daily with questions or comments, but I want to say "thanks" and wish each of you a blessed 2007.
You've helped so much with your thoughts on my husband driving or not...you gave me the boldness to stand firm and he's no longer driving.
It was tough, and I'm not certain I could have done this "on my own". I am a prayer warrior, but needed Jesus with skin on to tell me what to do. So I cherish our comradery and the courage you give me.
Fondly, Ann

Closed Thread