It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

Jess22 HB User
still hangin everyone

Hi All my buddies, Welcome Connie I too know what you are going through as does everyone and here you will find strength. My son found this board for me at a very devastating time and it has truly pulled me through some rough times. I dont get to come as often as I would like (not a big computer buff) by trade I am a finance rep. so I computer all day long. Since bringing mother home from the NH we have had a few bad nights, once home I realized her days and nights were mixed up so that has taken some diligence on my part!! WHEW!!! also she has had a few days of 24hours straight without sleep and some times of trying to "go home" other than that all is going well. I miss working since I am so hyper but I have thrown myself into her care and the finishing of this house project so that is keeping my energy level normal. lol She is calling me mommy now and I dont tell her I am her mommy but I just answer her and go along. She is so much more comfortable it seems but she is quickly progressing I also think. The meds are finally getting right (I hope ) and she is mostly going to bed about 8;30 and sleeping through the night. I think her swallowing is getting harder and her capacity to understand instructions are almost none. I find if I tap on her foot she will raise it otherwise forget it I could talk all day. She is much more quiet and unresponsive most days. Then all of a sudden they will come alive like an untamed lion and surprise you so it's all a yo yo. I start a support group on Monday and this time around Im getting out more letting others help more and I feel less stressed with not working. I am however keeping my options open and realizing that if it becomes unbearable like before I will have to replace her in a NH no matter if I have to place her farther from home. Our local Locked unit is still not open for new residents but she remains on the waiting list. My leave runs out in April so I have until then to make the choice. My rental properties and mother's SS is enough to make up the differance in my income for now. Just wanted to say hi and touch base. jess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User
Re: still hangin everyone

Good to hear from you Jess !!

Glad things are 'ok' but just make sure you don't end up like before .. you've already been there and done that, so you should recognise what's happening to you easier this time.

Get something in 'reserve' if need be before your leave runs out. You know how long waiting times and lists are, so make sure you've got her name down already. It's still early days, anything could happen at any moment.

But you do sound quite chipper and chin-up kind of stuff .. which is lovely. I was so worried for you at the beginning of this new journey!!

Goodluck, keep in touch

Old 02-14-2007, 06:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: still hangin everyone

Good for you, Jess. You are coping amazingly well. Good luck with finding further placement.

Love,

Martha

Closed Thread