It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
(female)

lovemy2girls HB User
we really need some relief here

hi again , We need some help here. This poor soul that I am caring for will not stop crying. she has not slept in 4 days now. all she does is cry day and night both. is there any help out there? she takes ativan, paxil, xanax, an iron pill, blood pressure pill and advandia at night she has ambien wich does not help at all. None of it does is there anyway we can get any releif for her and for us. she needs a break she needs sleep I am afraid that if she does not get any help that she is going to die. she gets herself so worked up that her face and neck and chest get so red that it looks like you could light a match off of her. I am afraid that she is going to stroke out or have a heart attack or something. I need some help here in the most desperate way. I have health problems too and all this stress is taking its toll on me too. I can't quit my job and I love the little woman too much to do that. Please help if you can
cathy

Old 02-20-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
(female)

Jess22 HB User
Re: we really need some relief here

I thought I sent you a post before but maybe not, Im jess 45 caring for my 83yr old mom in last stage AD. Ativan, zanex, ambein, all did not help our mom it really just made her more wired. Our doctor has her on Trazadone 100 mg. for sleeping, Depakote 250 mg. for agitation etc. and Librium 25 mg only as needed. She also takes seroquil 200 mg. and celexa 40 mg. You need to get your doctor to listen to you or you need to change doctors. There is no reason for her to suffer and you also. Could she have a UTI ??? anytime mom has one she is unbearable to deal with. I have read on this type of behavior and my heart goes out to you. I havent expeiranced this with mom I pray I dont, but if I were you, somebody would listen to me and try something differant. I had a doctor in the beginning who would not listen to us and he kept putting her back on the ativan etc. I finally changed doctors and this one has helped us tremendously. Of course his mom has AD and so he knows how it goes. After all I have been through I would not keep a doctor five mins. who would not listen or had an attitude of being to busy to care. Consult your doctor get him to listen or get rid of him or her and find another. In the meantime get someone to help out even for an hour and do something for yourself. This is overwhelming and you need and deserve a break.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
(female)

lovemy2girls HB User

I hate to say this but I am no longer caring for the lady that I was. There was a big uproar this morning and I walked out and quit. I have cried all day, I just wonder if the person she gets in my place will be as good to her mommy as I feel and I know that I have been and it worries me. But god in heaven knows all about it and I hope that she can know somehow how much she means to me. I really do love that woman. I tried to care for her just as if she were my own mother or my grandmother. I just hope everything will be alright with her. I am so worried about the pressure sore on her hip. I hope it does not set up sepcis or however you spell it. there is nothing I can do now. well I wish all you wonderful people on here the best and I will continue to pray for you and your loved ones.

sincerely,
cathy

Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Cathy, you have already gone way above and beyond the call of duty in taking care of that lady. She was lucky to have you as a caregiver.

If you still believe she is not being properly cared for, now is the time to call the proper authorities.

If that is not an option, try to just let it go. I hope your next assignment is a relatively healthy person and you will see her get well! That is the one thing so depressing about AD - they never get better, only worse.

You are a good woman and I pray God will bless you.

Love,

Martha

Closed Thread