It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User
Farewell Dear friends

Dear friends and fellow members,

I am writing this farwell so you will know I havent' disappeared off the face of the earth, but my time here is done, there are others on this board much more knowledgable than I, and I think I'm a bit 'stale'. My story is growing old, and it's time to hand over to the newer more experienced members.

deleted

I believe I have achieved as much as I can on this board.

I have gone from an angry frustrated carer, to somebody determined to change the world by gaining the proper experience to make a difference. I have seen so many other carers come to this board who were EXACTLY like me in the beginning, frightened, scared, angry, frustrated, who have made life changing decisions and grown into nurturing people who have travelled the same road as myself and others.

If not for my friends on this board, I believe I would not be here today, alive, fairly healthy and detemined to grow in knowledge and skills.

I hope everybody eventually finds peace, because that's ultimately what we're all after.

Cheers
Sally

Last edited by Administrator; 02-27-2007 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Please follow the rules on what may be posted.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: Farewell Dear friends

Hi Angel Bear,

You cannot go!!!!! :> You know you will be sorely missed. Especially by us long and medium timers!!! :< But, I am sure you know what is best for you and us...

Some of us will remember the many times you made us laugh! And the sage advice you gave us for so long. I did not come in to listen to you when you first started on this forum, but did enjoy and grow by listening to you when I first started "lurking!".

We all wish you the best of luck

In the mean time, we will benefit from Marthas great advice and knowledge and Barbs too. If I am leaving any of the oldies out, excuse me. I mostly lurk, but I think that the new and medium caregivers here will continue to help me. Possibly I can throw in something that you have taught me too. I am still learning, so I need forums greatly.

You will be missed, Miss Sally, Angel Bear!!!!!!!!!! :> :> :> :< :< :<

Love, Wannabe

Last edited by Administrator; 02-27-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Please read what may and may not be posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

Goodbye Sal, you will be sorely missed. Your information is not OLD! You and Barbara H saved my sanity. That is not an opinion, it is a fact!

If you change your mind, keep coming back!! You don't have to stay away just because you said you would ....

Yet, I can understand. I often think that after my Mom passes away, not too long from now, I may also stop coming because it will only remind me of her, of the pain and hassles we went through, losing all her money, being confined to a wheelchair in diapers - this intelligent woman who finished college at age 68 after making sure all her children were educated - reduced to ''who are you?" when she sees her family. This disease is heart wrenching, gut wrenching, crazy making, unbearable, more than any one person in this life should ever have to go through .... so I can understand why anyone will not want to be reminded when it is finally over.

Sorry I am rambling, but I am really sorry to see you go!

Love and ((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Martha

Last edited by Martha H; 02-27-2007 at 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
(female)

zonk HB User

Sally, I really cant believe you`re going!
You will be greatly missed. I am so grateful for all the help you have given me and many others. But,I guess, realistically you cannot keep coming back to this forum for ever....we all have to leave sometime.
maybe you could just "cut back" and just pop in every now and again!
I am positive that you could still help many people.
HUGE THANKS for all your sound advice.
best wishes Jo

Old 02-28-2007, 03:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sandyspen HB UserSandyspen HB User

Sally,

Me too.............I'm gonna miss you!

When I first came here, I was a total basket case. If not for you and Martha and Barb and Barbara, I don't know how I would have made it through those first months. I was so relieved to find this place.

You deserve a wonderful life! You've certainly earned it!

Thank you so much, drop in when you can, take care of yourself, and know that we'll think of you often.........

Love

Old 02-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Beginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB UserBeginning HB User

I wish you continued success with your career, too - and thank you for sharing the ups and downs, and so much good advice. This disease often involves learning the hard way, so sharing stories and "lessons learned" really can help others facing the same problems. You went through fire, and came out healthy & successful on the other side. You've been a great example that there is a life after caregiving. Good-bye, and thank you.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Dearest Sally, (sorry I'm blowing your anonymity, friend!)

Though I understand the need to move on, it is with great sadness that I bid you farewell. I've seen you grow from the insane person that this disease makes of all us caregivers to a person who gave and then got help and moved on to pursue other things like education and career while devoting more time to your dear husband and children.

You were one of my healthboards lifelines while I was in deep deseration and dispair. You inspired me with your courage (even when you thought you had none) and your honesty (remember when I was frantic about my son's comments when he had two friends commit suicide?). Again, your understanding words and sound advice helped more than you can imagine.

Please say you'll pop in every once in a while even if it's just to say hi.

Love, Barb

Closed Thread