It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
(female)

AngelShadows HB User
First I want to tell you all of yours, you, families and friends of your loved ones:

are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry for what each and everyone of your loved ones, all of you, families and friends of your loved ones for having this devastating disease Alzheimer.
Your loved ones will be in my thoughts, heart and prayers.
My mom, her father had it, my grandfather who was an angel on earth had it, my grandma went to the nursing home every day and took care of him, we think that is mostly what killed her.
He passed on in 1980's and some one dear to me his father passed on in 2006from alzehimers and I don't know what to say in time like this I feel for him sincerely and deeply.
Is there an organization for Alzheimer dieases that you can send money and contribute to someone in their name that has or had this? Like people who have cancer a place where they find a cure for it?
thank you for your help and I will be here to help and try to support all of you and God Bless yours who are ill, you, families and friends.
(Important add) I want to learn about alzeheimers any and everything on it.
AngelShadows...

Last edited by AngelShadows; 03-19-2007 at 07:42 AM. Reason: sorry forgot to add (something) important to say)

Old 03-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Re: First I want to tell you all of yours, you, families and friends of your loved on

Thank you Angel. I appreciate your kind words. I am sure there are research organizations who would gladly accept donations. It is too late for my Mom, but I am hoping a cure for it can be found soon. That would be so wonderful for all AD sufferers, their families, and the heavy burden on nursing homes caused by this one disease alone.

Love,

Martha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

liz1104 HB User
Re: First I want to tell you all of yours, you, families and friends of your loved on

hi angel,
thank you for your kind words, you are very sweet. i am sorry for all for the loved ones in your life who have endured this evil disease.

my dad is 67 yrs old and was diagnosed with early onset alzheimers. it has been very hard to how much he has changed. my dad and i are very close and it breaks my heart.
i hope and pray for him each day....

hugs to you all...

liz

Old 03-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
(female)

AngelShadows HB User

Martha H I am so sorry about your mom, so sorry.((((GENTLE HUGS))) to you, your dad bless his heart, your loved ones and friends. I was very close to my grandfather and we loved each other dearly, mom was very close to her dad we understand and feel your pain all of your out there that has a love and friends who has or had this disease, all the anguish that goes with it and Liza 1104 I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers all of you and your loved ones with this vile disease.
I understand and know everyone of you are feeling and I feel your pain it is so frustrating to see a loved one or friend have this and go through but I am here for all of you and always glad to listen.
I want to learn about this horrid disease more.
Mom is worried that her dad had this Alzheimer's that she could get it and I worry that I can too. I worry about mom more then anyone we are best friends and I love her so much. Is there a chance since her dad had it she could get it?
Your friend
Angel Shadows.

Last edited by AngelShadows; 03-19-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

petal*pusher HB User

Angel...such a heartwarming post. I sincerely believe most of us had absolutely no idea the devastation this disease causes in families until it personally touched each of us. I am like you....I want to know everything I can about it...and it wears many masks.

When my Mom was first diagnosed 9 years ago, my 6 siblings and I researched every article we could find to try to untangle the strange actions our Mom displayed. Being the "child" who never moved from our birthplace, I noticed little changes before the others. It is more difficult for some to admit the effects than others...but little changes turned to big changes. A broken hip accelerated her behavior...and she never did go back home from the hospital. We understood that Alzhiemer's is a familial...or hereditary...disease. It can also be caused by a hard hit on the head...recent or long ago. I was dismayed to read that it can appear in families with many children (as they age)...often striking the oldest siblings. This author believed that because the Mother became very busy in child-rearing, certain parts of the brain had not been stimulated in the older children.

I certainly think food additives and environment has to play a huge role in its' appearance. I am a teacher, and also believe the yearly mirage of new "syndromes" in children are "man-made".

I have to think of this disease as "interesting"...the changes I see each week in Mom (and the other clients where she lives) are often at very different levels...and I marvel when a familiar song or phrase will jar her out...if even for a tiny moment.

Last week, I took a piece of "Mom's famous banana cake" that I'd made using her recipe. She has not known who I am for several years...but she knows I'm someone who loves her. After feeding her the last bit of supper, I held the cake to her mouth and gave it the best bragging-up I could muster...adding that she always made it for "Aunt Maxine" her only sister that had died a year ago. Those eyes that had not even acknowledged my pressence quickly turned to me and a big smile came across her face as she reached up with skinny little shaking hands and held my hand there while she took little bites of that familiar taste. I considered it a very successful visit!......p

Old 03-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
(female)

AngelShadows HB User

thank you petal pusher,
you're sweet.
I can't promise to be here every day but I will be here as often as I can to help support and be here for all you nice ladies.
That was so sweet about your mom and the banana bread. Bless her sweet heart. That is wonderful she knew you. I and mom understands how that feels when your mom or dad doesn't know who you are oh it's a heart breaker!
I am so so sorry for her for having to go through this, you, your loved ones and her friends.
I wish I had a magic wand to magically or words to make this vile disease go AWAY! I hate it I know all of you that are and your loved ones are going or went through it hate it even more.
I don't have any info for help I am only trying to learn about this my self.
I can offer support, hugs and ear to listen and shoulder to lean on, I feel so helpless, I wish I could do more.
Please know I am here for you always, always.
Your friend,
Angel Shadows.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #7
(female)

cyt HB User

Yes' you're right - it is such a sad disease. I wish they could figure out what causes it and what to do about it. They now say millions more baby boomers will be getting it in a few years, if not sooner. I wonder sometimes if it has anything to do with medicines. Just a thought. Blessings all, C

Closed Thread