It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

geifer HB User
Need to vent

I am new to this board I usually at pain management. My mom suffers from dementia and she is doing as well as can be expected. She and my father have been married over 60 years. I took her to the doctors today and she is doing fine but my dad acts like she is dumb he rolls his eyes at her when she tells me that say her stove burners are not lighting, then he goes over and shows me that they are fine and working. Anyway the doctor ask if I wanted her to have the new vaccine that is out for shingles. Only the cost is 250.00 and I told the doctor that I would talk it over with my dad. Well I took mom out to breadkfast after the doctor's it is her 84th. birthday and I took her home after. I ask my dad about the vaccine for mom and he started going off about it. He said that he is not taking it because of the possible side effects he wanted to know all about it and I told him I didn't know that much about it because I didn't ask the doctor. I didn't know there was a shot for shingles and he said that the doctors only want the money and the shot would do more harm then good etc.. It makes it difficult for me taking care of mom's health care when he acts like this I have one sister and two brothers and I told them that I would take care of mom's health stuff but they need to take care of dad's. I called my older brother to tell him how mom's appointment went and I broke down and started crying when I got to what my dad was saying. I don't deal too well with my dad just for that reason but I want to make sure my mom gets her needs met. Thanks for letting me vent it is hard when other family members don't want to get involved with helping. Take care and stay safe geifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread