It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

Chapparral HB User
Unhappy Re: Are my feelings normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCookie View Post
Oh Mary I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I'm not sure if some of the stuff my mom does is due to the AD or if she's just trying to drive me crazy. I catch myself fussing at her for not putting the margarine back in the fridge, leaving the box of cereal open, so on and so forth. She forgets it when I get upset and fuss at her but I walk around with a stomach ache most of the time because I feel guilty for getting upset.

(snipped the doctor part)

I have no help from any of my siblings and my son who lives here in town is usually pretty good about coming to help me when I need it. My daughter lives 3 hours but DOES come down every few months.
Mary Lou
Mary Lou,

I ******d Stockdale seniors, and found your posts here. I believe we live close to one another. Maybe you have some ideas for getting some respite around here? I actually live closer to Sutherland Springs. I called the Floresville Senior Center, but my mother in law can't see or hear and has trouble getting around. Her mind is still pretty sharp, though! I need a break.
I never get time off. Any thoughts?

Chaparral

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

TexasCookie HB User
Re: Are my feelings normal?

I have been in contact with hospice this week and someone is coming out Thursday so we can talk and see what kind of help I can get with my mom.

My mom sees Dr. Frye in Floresville and she is the one that started the ball rolling on us getting some help.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-20-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread