It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User
Smile Glad you're back!

Hi Barb,

How did the visit with your sister go?

Have you heard anything new about your dad?

I'm going to NY on April 28 to be with my Mom for a week. I last saw her in October, and over such a long time there is usually a lot of deterioration.
It's a little scary. But she surprises us all by hanging in there. In December the doctor gave her 'months' to live.....

Love,

Martha

Old 03-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Re: Glad you're back!

I was surprised to see my sister looked about the same as she did the last time I saw her about 3 years ago.

Long story short: My sister was misdiagnosed. She does have a mass in her lung but it was concluded with the second opinion that she most likely does not have cancer at this time. She may file a lawsuit on this because she and the family were so traumatized with the original diagnosis.

She does have emphysema and was recently diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. CF is a disease that usually is diagnosed at a very young age. But for the time, she is doing better than I expected.

I was going to do her spring cleaning for her but I had a disc slip in my lower back the day after I got there. So I spent my time sitting mostly in a recliner. My sister and I did have some very good quality time together despite our pain. A week later, I am still trying to recover. I may have to go to the doctor but all he'll do is rx muscle relaxers. I've been through this several times before. The last time, I wound up in the ER. So this time, I think I did good to drive the 13 hours back home.

I missed the storms that ripped through Oklahoma and produced a few tornadoes there by just a few hours. There were 3 tornadoes near my sister. One was in her town. A few things were knocked over in her yard and a fence and tree limb were knocked down. But all things considered, she made it through ok. No damage to the house or anyone in it.

Martha, your mom is a very strong and determined woman. Even in her frail physical state, her will seems to be very strong.

I know you're scared. I was terrified of seeing my sister. That's why it took me 5 months to make the decision to go see her. But I am so glad I went.

Love, Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread