It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
(female)

Janie5301 HB User
Happy 4th of July

Greetings dear friends,
I awoke this morning a little sad and knew if I came here you would all understand. I'm missing my sweet DH this morning because this was one of our biggest holidays. We used to have a cottage up north in Michigan for years and we always spent the whole week of the 4th of July up there with family and friends. I'd plan for weeks about decorations for the cottage and a huge meals where we would gather and just relax. It was a time to reconnect with each other and realize how fortunate we were to have such a blessed life. We sold our cottage after Gary's diagnosis because once he retired from work, we could no longer afford to keep both houses. He still has two brothers up there with cottages and I was invited back this year, but just decided I couldn't do it and have accepted invitations here at home to keep busy instead. I went to a party last night to view fireworks and was surrounded by all our friends but felt alone in a crowd. Everyone was great and happy to see me, but all I really wanted to do was come home. I have another gathering today, but a much smaller group and I hope it will be easier. I know Gary would want me to go and I know these things will get easier and I guess it just all caught me off guard this morning.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend everyone....
Love Janie

Old 07-04-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Happy 4th of July

Sending big warm hugs to you Janie. I can only imagine what you are going through with each new special day that passes. Remeber how blessed you are to have such wonderful memories to carry with you. It sounds as if the simple and the spectactular with both special. Your DH would want you surrounded by friends and family. He would want you to continue to enjoy all the special days. He's smiling down on you today as every day. His love and yours will keep you strong and see you thought.

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

You will always be welcome here, we all understand.
Every year this holiday will become a little easier for you.
God bless you.

Love,

Martha

Old 07-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to be able to take some time for myself with 6 of my friends from high scool..we get together every year and it is like salve for the soul to be with them.. But, now that I am back, I am here reading and relating to you all.
We spent the day with my mom and she did quite well...she has had a good stretch going since her last melt down on Memorial Day. For that I am grateful. To all of you out there, I wish you all a peaceful 4th to remember the good times we have had in better days with all those we love.

Love to you all,
Meg

Closed Thread